Talk

Advanced search

Dry flaky skin - help!

(9 Posts)
Frizzbonce Sat 30-Mar-13 11:26:04

On my forehead! I wouldn't mind but I've been using the oil cleansing method - a combo of castor/almond or vitamin e oil for several months. Normally I don't have any problems with dryness but in the last few days I've suddenly developed flaky forehead syndrome. Any suggestions?

FattyMcChubster Sat 30-Mar-13 11:30:57

Can you use OCM every other day? Are you moisturising after? Maybe use a drop of the vit e on your forehead.

Frizzbonce Sat 30-Mar-13 11:36:47

Fatty I thought you could use the OCM every day. What do you use to clean your face out of interest?

Frizzbonce Sat 30-Mar-13 11:37:24

I used to use the Eve Lom cleanser but it's so stupidly expensive.

FrugalFashionista Sat 30-Mar-13 11:54:33

It's the castor oil. Can be very drying. Omit/reduce quantity?
Eucerin urea cream really helps overnight with flakiness.

bran Sat 30-Mar-13 12:02:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Frizzbonce Sat 30-Mar-13 12:10:42

Frugal Urea cream?! Sounds like wee yes very childish I will def try reducing the castor oil and just use almond/olive oil.

Thanks Bran - sweet orange cleansing cream looks lovely and only £7! A bit different from the Eve Lom at £90 for the big pot.

FattyMcChubster Sat 30-Mar-13 16:30:17

Castor can by too drying for everyday if your skin is not oily to start with. You could use OCM every other day or daily if you change the % and use less castor oil.

FattyMcChubster Sat 30-Mar-13 16:31:19

Oh and a drop of oil (not castor, try vit e) in your moisturiser after you cleanse can help with flaky skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now