Talk

Advanced search

Mad toddler hair

(16 Posts)
PastaBeeandCheese Sat 30-Mar-13 08:55:47

You lot are always so helpful with my own fashion and hair woes so hoping you can help with DD's hair too.

DD is 17 months with very fine blonde hair. It's just starting to really grow. I use Johnson's baby shampoo on it and it's turning into a mad, fluffy, tangly mess.

Any recommendations or tips for managing it a bit better?

ellesabe Sat 30-Mar-13 09:07:41

Do you brush and blow dry it after washing?

PastaBeeandCheese Sat 30-Mar-13 09:10:24

Just brush. It's still quite fine and thin so dries easily. I could try blow drying but I'm not sure how she will take to that..... She's not overly keen on the noise when I dry my hair.

MrsLettuce Sat 30-Mar-13 09:20:56

I always sprayed my toddlers hair with water ( sometimes a drop of leave in conditioner in the spray bottle too) before brushing in the mornings. Really helped tame and de-fluff it. Do you condition it after washing? That really helps too.

PastaBeeandCheese Sat 30-Mar-13 09:31:25

That's the problem mrslettuce I haven't changed what I'm doing with her hair since she was a tiny baby.

I like the idea of a diluted leave in conditioner and I think I need to stop using Johnson's baby shampoo.

Any recommendations of a children's shampoo and conditioner?

PastaBeeandCheese Sat 30-Mar-13 09:33:35

Oh, just given it a tiny trim to remove the bits at the back that are starting to go a bit mullety.

SolomanDaisy Sat 30-Mar-13 09:39:59

Johnson's do a special curly hair shampoo and leave in conditioner, which works brilliantly on my toddler's wild hair. Someone told me the Avon version is good too.

babySophieRose Sat 30-Mar-13 10:25:16

This
m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Kids-Tangle-Tamer-for-Wet-Dry-Hair-150ml_6385/
It also make hair curly, soft, shiny and smells nice.

babySophieRose Sat 30-Mar-13 10:25:33

m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Kids-Tangle-Tamer-for-Wet-Dry-Hair-150ml_6385/

babySophieRose Sat 30-Mar-13 10:26:25

The link does not convert for some reason

mewkins Sat 30-Mar-13 10:26:43

Hiya, my dd is a bit older now but very fine blonde hair (with static!). I blowdry it after washing which also seems to have helped minimise colds! We have just bought a Tangle Tamer brush which gets the knots out easily but still produces static! Friends use leave-in conditioner on their curly haired children but best to find an organic one

PastaBeeandCheese Sat 30-Mar-13 13:45:49

Right, I've ordered the Loreal tangle tamer, am off to get a tangle tamer brush thing from Boots and will see how she takes to having her hair blow dried.

Thanks for your help.

DefiniteMaybe Sat 30-Mar-13 13:48:36

My dd is the same age as yours and has crazy hair. I just dampen it and comb in the mornings. I wouldn't consider blow drying, she's too little for that.

KelleStar Sat 30-Mar-13 14:09:03

My DD has Naked leave in conditioner on her hair it calms the frizz down and her hair curls naturally. It's silicone free and feels/smells really nice. I bought it for me and tried it on her and it's been brilliant. I buy it in boots when it's on offer, otherwise it's quite pricey.

MrsLettuce Sat 30-Mar-13 14:42:47

Don't forget a wee spray bottle. I sometimes use 1/2 water half rosewater which is just lovely.

Iggly Sat 30-Mar-13 19:59:01

I use the tiniest tiniest hint of coconut oil (dd has fine curly hair) when dry.

Also after washing and conditioning I smooth her hair down while wet - seems to calm it down. So no rubbing with a towel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now