Talk

Advanced search

Moving on from skinny jeans/jeggings

(13 Posts)
Waferthinmint Sat 30-Mar-13 08:18:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ggirl Sat 30-Mar-13 08:21:24

marking place as I feel exactly the same , I wish m&s made straight leg jeggings..my life would be complete then

TweenageAngst Sat 30-Mar-13 08:26:10

I also have the wrong shape to carry off a really skinny leg. I find J-Brand cigarette leg or slim bootcut work pretty well for me. I never buy them full price usually get them from the outnet.

Numberlock Sat 30-Mar-13 08:29:18

I'm with you! I'm wearing cigarette cut now, feels much more flattering.

crushedintherush Sat 30-Mar-13 08:33:16

There is also slim fit and sexy bootleg from Next, around £25.
The sexy bootleg are great, figure enhancing ones.smile

Waferthinmint Sat 30-Mar-13 08:45:21

Numberlock Sat 30-Mar-13 08:52:32

I can't link on my phone but try H&M or google cigarette pants, Wafer.

Waferthinmint Sat 30-Mar-13 09:00:34

FrugalFashionista Sat 30-Mar-13 09:01:48

I'm a huge fan of straight-leg, pencil-leg and cigarette leg jeans and trousers. Slim bootcut and even occasionally wide-leg and flared shapes work well too. And remember that boyfriend jeans are really fashionable right now if they suit your frame.

Skinnies (especially when a bit short/worn with flats) seem to emphasize my thigh and hip area and make me look frumpy and pear-shaped. I can offset that a bit with chunky boots, but most ankle boots are not chunky enough to balance my proportions. Riding boots and moto boots and slouchy boots would do the trick.

If you have decent legs there are other great options too. I love tall boots with merino opaques (leggings would be even warmer) and short skirts (leather skirts are great) or dresses, teamed with a longer coat for warmth.

Numberlock Sat 30-Mar-13 09:22:57

They're not the same, Wafer, much looser-fit. Try it!

Bunbaker Sat 30-Mar-13 15:55:30

Straight leg flatter my pear shape far better than skinny jeans. I have a pair of these and am delighted that they are made for women with hips and a waist.

FrugalFashionista Sat 30-Mar-13 16:02:12

Just posted this Polyvore outfit idea board on the Frugal thread. I have have been exploring alternatives to skinny jeans - nothing earth shattering but have been wearing those combinations for the past month and they seem to work well.
To be worn with opaques and a waterproof coat wink

Lambzig Sat 30-Mar-13 18:03:50

Uniqlo skinny fit straight are great. Tight at the calf, then straight down so a little looser at the ankle, so much more flattering for those of us with unskinny thighs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now