Talk

Advanced search

Is the No.7 colour matching service any good?

(3 Posts)
Jemster Fri 29-Mar-13 23:03:03

So fed up with wasting money on foundations that seem ok in the shop but turn out to be wrong either shade or texture. Thought I might give this colour matching a go. Has anyone had good results with it?
I did try the no.7 bb cream and tinted moisturiser in store today. Both looked quite lovely on but when I got home a bit later they had disappeared from my skin!

BagWoman Sat 30-Mar-13 07:00:37

yes and no!
First of all they will give you a generous sample of any foundation(s). Just ask.
I was matched and came out as the palest shade- told her that before we started but she wouldn't take my word for it!
I came away with Calico samples. I quite like Lift & Luminate ( is that right) but it was just a bit 'flat' on my skin. I bought a different one- the revitalising one- can't recall the name but it's supposed to make you 'glowy'. it's okay but the biggest problem for me is the shade match- Calico is not pale enough for me and has pinky/ greyish undertones.

Problem with No 7 is they only have about 9 shades compare with B Brown who has about 20. I am sticking with theirs again- though they don't have a formula that I am 100% happy with. I have both their moisture rich and skin foundation- first one is lovely but disappears quickly and needs reapplying by lunchtime if you don't use powder. Other one is nice but is quite matte and light coverage- needs at least 2 applications.

BagWoman Sat 30-Mar-13 07:03:05

If you are looking at the higher end all stores will give samples- try Lancome, Chanel, Clinique, Clarins- in fact Clarins are good and I might go back to their Extra Firming- not that it DOES but nice satiny texture.
Lancome has anew one out- Visionairre- maybe get some samples?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now