Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

laser treatment for rosacea

(8 Posts)
maddiemostmerry Fri 29-Mar-13 20:54:08

I was diagnosed with rosacea about 5 years ago. Antibiotics bought the lumps under control but I have noticed the flushing and thread veins on my face are getting worse.

Has anyone had laser treatment? Did it make a significant difference? Can anyone recommend a clinic?/therapist in London or Kent area?

Finally if anyone has some make up tips or dietary advice, its all welcome. My red face is really getting me down.

Thanks

Queenmarigold Fri 29-Mar-13 20:58:23

Clinique redness solutions- I get it on my noseconfused
Alternatively, get pregnant- cleared it up for a few months!!

maddiemostmerry Fri 29-Mar-13 21:24:23

Thanks Queen, I've tried clinque products but find my skin is too sensitive for them.

As for getting pregnant, already have four kids, any more and they would have to sleep in the cupboard under the stairs!

maddiemostmerry Sat 30-Mar-13 20:19:36

bump

RollerCola Sat 30-Mar-13 21:39:17

No advice about laser treatment sorry but the oil cleansing method has helped mine quite a lot.

It came about after I got so frustrated that I couldn't find ANY moisturiser that didn't make my skin flare up (I've tried loads, all supposedly for sensitive, rosacea skin) I heard about the OCM and started to use just a simple almond oil (1.99 from the chemist) to cleanse my skin twice a day. Remove with hot water, no need for a moisturiser.

It's taken a while but I definitely don't have as many flare ups as I'm not using any other products. If you google the method some will mix castor oil with a base oil - be very wary of that as castor oil might irritate. stick to just one gentle oil.

Hope that helps a bit.

wisheshappentobehorsestoday Sun 31-Mar-13 00:57:54

I had three rounds a year ago for facial redness (not rosacea, or at least I've never been diagnosed with it). Saw a minor difference and would have gotten great results with more treatment but it was exxy and I couldn't bring myself to commit to more. I probably would have needed around 4-6 more which totalled, would have cost over AU$2000 shock

That said my redness is relatively mild (although still visible under make-up) so it might be more dramatic in other cases.

I use green concealer under foundation which helps a bit.

ClaudiaCutie Sun 31-Mar-13 11:11:21

Maddie, I can't speak from roscea experience but I would really urge you to have a consult with a private dermatologist who offers laser treatments as part of their clinical services. I wouldn't let any beauty clinic or therapist near sensitive skin! The extra cost of seeing a fully qualified dermatologist vs a beauty tech (who has no medical training at all) is fairly small in terms of £.

But you will get expert treatment if you see a dermo and you won't be offered treatments that are expensive and useless (which has definitely been my experience of beauty tech places). I know of two lovely private dermatologists but one is in Hove and the other in Berkshire which is no use to you, apologies. But a bit of goggle should turn up someone. Good luck, it's a tough sort of condition to endure by the sounds of it.

Swerving Sun 31-Mar-13 15:28:50

I had lots of broken veins on my cheeks (hadnt sought a doctors diagnosis). I came across a vascular surgeon who also did laser treatment privately. I had a total of 6 sessions over 7 months. It was very successful and in 13 years it has not returned. So money well spent as problem solved. Treatment was based in Birmingham

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now