Talk

Advanced search

Tretinoin/retin-a users pls help!

(7 Posts)
Iatemyskinnyperson Fri 29-Mar-13 20:17:28

Hiya Retin-A experts!!

So I took the plunge and bought Stieva-A 0.025% retina cream.

So far I've used it twice, no ill effects bar blotchy redness on my cheeks and some mild peeling on my nose.

So how long do I need to persevere before I should see positive effects? I'm using this for anti-ageing, not acne. Or is the cream too light to see any real benefit? If I'm not seeing serious side-effects should I use it every night? I've been going every second night.

My major skin problems are open pores by my nose & dryness/fine lines under my eyes. Should I put the cream on those areas?

Ta much,

ClaudiaCutie Sat 30-Mar-13 12:28:30

I'm using the Trent with the Obagi blender. Doctor says there are two methods:
1- intensive, use every day, get terrible redness peeling flaking for weeks and weeks, then teenager like renal.
2- use every second or third day only, hold off as soon as any redness/flaking becomes apparent. Do this more or less forever.

Method a gives results in 2 to 3 months after hellish experience, method 2 is slower (12 months) but much less intrusive,

I use it even less than (2). Maybe once or twice a week. Does make a diff over a long period yes. Worth it. Application frequency really up to you.

Be patient. Doctor told me to put cream anywhere on face and backs of hands, go easy on the neck and décolleté.

Other things that will help are IPL done by a Dermo, and dare I say it, Botox.

Iatemyskinnyperson Sat 30-Mar-13 12:38:29

Thanks! I'll persevere as I am then

Appreciate your response, that really helped.

Walnutcakelover Sat 30-Mar-13 12:40:42

I have been using Retin a stieva a for about 3 months, at first my skin was really sensitive, extremely dry and red, but after a while it settled down. I was using it for anti-ageing as well, I think it has made a difference, my skin looks really good, I've noticed that some of my blemishes have gone or nearly gone, it would take a long time ( a year) for my blemishes to disappear.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 30-Mar-13 14:44:15

I used it every other day, 30 mins after cleansing but now I use it every night.

Are you using sunscreen daily? Proper sunscreen 30spf not moisturiser with SPF.

cedge Sun 31-Mar-13 10:32:59

I have used it intensively and not so intensively.... no comparison... less is more.
3 times a week, every other day. Green smoothies. Not much sugar in your diet and your good to go smile

Iatemyskinnyperson Sun 31-Mar-13 11:10:33

Thanks all! Yes I wear good sunscreen, eat low carb & drink vats of water.

You've all really helped, feel v happy with my decision now... envythanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now