Talk

Advanced search

big red pink face...WTF????????

(6 Posts)
sparklingportrait Fri 29-Mar-13 19:18:48

I qiut smoking six weeks ago, I have no idea if it's related to my problem though! I have recently noticed that I suddenly am going very pinky red/blotchy in the face for no reason...What to do, any ideas from anybody???????? I have premature menopause but am done with all the sweats/flushes years ago whan I was in my thirties...Just wondered if anyone knows what it is and more importantly how to cover it! I am 45 BTW.....

susiewoos Fri 29-Mar-13 20:31:39

I quit three months ago and have had the same as you, red face and flushing. I wonder if its caused by the circulation improving and just hope it settles down with time.smile

sparklingportrait Fri 29-Mar-13 23:06:27

Holy Christ so it must be the quitting the cigs then....same as you I sincerely hope it settles down shortly......

OneLittleLady Fri 29-Mar-13 23:10:15

I also got a lot pinker in the face when I quit smoking. I reckon it's the blood getting round properly again. Mine took about six or seven weeks to appear and then another three or four to settle down. HTH

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 30-Mar-13 07:59:30

It's the improved circulation, smokers don't realise how much smoking decreases oxygen in the blood.

It'll settle down.

ClaudiaCutie Sat 30-Mar-13 12:17:34

I've never smoked so I didn't know this; yikes! well done Sparkling for quitting - a fab positive step. Just think, the improved circulation to your skin will be like having a facial every day, and in three months or so you'll have lovely refreshed younger skin and way more money from not buying cigs - you'll be able to afford a really lovely treat for yourself. Rewarding smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now