Talk

Advanced search

43. Not a fan. Biffy Clyro gig. WTW?

(12 Posts)
FigAndPear Fri 29-Mar-13 16:57:41

Not sure S&B is entirely appropriate, in this case confused. I'm accompanying 14 yr old fan as the legal adult presence. I'm not exactly expecting to blend in, but what sort of getup would make me less likely to stick out in an embarrassing way?

(43, short, roundish, very short hair, in case it's relevant.)

ChablisLover Fri 29-Mar-13 17:02:22

Is it tonight?

I would wear jeans plainsh jumper and converse (lot of standing so comfy shoes a necessity)

FigAndPear Fri 29-Mar-13 17:05:49

Thanks, Chablis. Yes, it's tonight. We're in the seated area due to age restrictions, but jeans and Converse is a good plan. I want to look fairly nondescript, really. Not like I've tried too hard (due to age and not being a fan), but I'm trying to avoid frumpy and out of place as well.

FigAndPear Fri 29-Mar-13 17:08:12

Skinny jeans with Converse (enhancing massive arse)... skinnies with boots (bit less comfy)... or bootcuts with hems rolled up baggier jeans with Converse?

Tortington Fri 29-Mar-13 17:11:09

i love biffy and i'm 40 - i dont think you should blend - you should totally drag it up, big wig, pink dress...no?

ok i think jeans too

CestTout Fri 29-Mar-13 17:12:51

Would be converse and jeans for me too. This is Belfast? If you can try to get there in time for the support act - City and Colour. Dallas Green is amazing live smile

FigAndPear Fri 29-Mar-13 17:14:09

Thanks, Custardo. Pink dress it is! I'll rip off my wig at the climactic moment and shout MON THE BIFF - that should earn me a nice quiet drive home grin.

FigAndPear Fri 29-Mar-13 17:15:29

Will try, CestTout - yes, it's Belfast smile. Bit of a drive for us, though, so it's already pushing it for us, time-wise. Will see how we get on.

CestTout Fri 29-Mar-13 17:51:58

Best of luck! If you get to see him you are lucky smile hope you have fun. Love the arena in Belfast- everything is so close.

QueenCadbury Fri 29-Mar-13 18:35:09

I'm so out of touch that I just had to google who they were grin

ChablisLover Fri 29-Mar-13 18:58:11

Good luck. Drove past the odyessey today and they were loads of trucks and tour buses out the back. Had to google what was going on.

FigAndPear Sat 30-Mar-13 09:14:46

We had a great time! grin Between us we weren't quite the oldest and youngest there. It wasn't so much the age, tbh, as the not knowing the band, as most gigs I've been to in the past are (obviously) ones I'd chosen to go to. Just getting into the years of Legal Adult Presence but it could have been far, far worse (Bieber, Rihanna, etc. spring to mind)... BC are great - I can see why their fans like them so much.

Obviously, in the end I went for skinnies, brown boots, longish top and dodgy looking red leather coat the pink dress and wig combo. I got a lovely quiet drive home anyway, as dd had yelled herself hoarse smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now