Talk

Advanced search

Sun protection if you use Neals Yard moisturisers?

(11 Posts)
OhBuggerandArse Fri 29-Mar-13 10:16:15

Am just coming to the end (after eighteen months!) of a tube of Lidl anti-ageing/SPF etc moisturiser, and while it was perfectly good, especially for £2.99 or whatever it is, I'd quite like to go back to the Neal's Yard frankincense stuff that I love when I buy a replacement. But since they're too organic to put any SPF ingredients in, am not sure what to do about sunscreen - does anyone have a solution?

sergeantmajor Fri 29-Mar-13 11:38:11

I'd like to hear suggestions for this too!

Pandsbear Fri 29-Mar-13 11:46:49

Dermalogica do a Solar Defence Booster SPF 30 that you can use alone or add to your existing moisturiser. Think they also do a SPF50 version but I haven't tried that one. Vastly more expensive than the Lidl moisturiser though (about £25/30 for the bottle)!

OhBuggerandArse Fri 29-Mar-13 20:40:16

Pandsbear, do you know whether you mix it in with the moisturiser before you put it on, or just put them both on your skin separately?

Sounds like it might end up being a bit of a palaver - which I don't mind in principle, but am likely to skip when rushed/lazy, which kind of defeats the purpose. Hm. Perhaps a rethink needed.

TigerseyeMum Fri 29-Mar-13 21:28:18

Ren now do a SPF facial suncream to use with moisturiser.

kiwigirl42 Sat 30-Mar-13 12:26:18

I really like the Sunsense range of sunscreens (amazon link) and use them every day. I've got the invisible tint one at present and there is no white cast left after applying at all. They also do an anti ageing one.

Saying that, I've just snagged a tube of LRP Heliocare for half price on ebay (one off) , have tried it and its good too

I have a lot of freckles and sun damage as we never wore sunscreen as kids in NZ in the '70's (who did?) but have worn daily SPF since I was about 19 and it makes a HUGE difference to the aging of your skin. There are women my age (mid 40's) in NZ who look like their faces are made of alligator skin. Scary.

thebestpossibletaste Sat 30-Mar-13 12:33:15

Watching this too as I have sensitive skin and dislike the white you can see after applying sunscreen.

winterdays Sat 30-Mar-13 13:06:37

Nears yard do a sunscreen . There are lots of other organic ones but for some you may need to mix in a little tinted moisturisers

JazzDalek Sat 30-Mar-13 17:51:24

Ren Sun Veil (I think that's what it's called) is lovely. I had a sample tube in one of my beauty boxes and would possibly buy a full size.

JazzDalek Sat 30-Mar-13 17:53:35

www.amarya.co.uk/index.php/brands/ren-skincare/face-care/photoactive-sun-veil-spf15-by-ren.html

Pandsbear Sat 30-Mar-13 20:08:10

OP - sorry just come back so a bit late! You can use the Dermalogica Solar Defence Booster either mixed in with your moisturiser or on its own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now