Talk

Advanced search

Summer work shoes

(11 Posts)
PopMusic Fri 29-Mar-13 08:44:09

Being a bit optimistic here but I have started thinking about my summer work shoes. I am a teacher and the school I currently work at has dress codes including footwear restrictions. I am not allowed to wear open-toed shoes so my usual pretty, practical sandals are a no-no.

I like to wear skirts, dresses/dresses over leggings more than trousers, but need something that would work with all. I am thinking about the hottest days here. They need to be flat/flattish and very comfortable because I am on my feet a lot. Any ideas?

PopMusic Fri 29-Mar-13 08:48:56

Oops I forgot to say budget: am on a really tight budget but willing to go up to £50 for the right shoes (although it will cause a lot of pain).

ellesabe Fri 29-Mar-13 09:56:47

I think some sort of pump might be your best bet...

Would these be smart enough?

Would these be comfy enough?

TheCraicDealer Fri 29-Mar-13 10:17:14

What about these closed toe espadrilles from Topshop? Heel low enough to give you a bit of height but still be comfy, and open at the side for coolness in the "heat"!

Arcadia Fri 29-Mar-13 16:06:22

I bought these for work and they are great, really good value leather shoes for the price, and really comfortable. Get compliments about them. http://www.next.co.uk/x51360s2#761928x51

Arcadia Fri 29-Mar-13 16:06:43

www.next.co.uk/x51360s2#761928x51

HedgeHogGroup Fri 29-Mar-13 17:28:28

I'm getting these clarks ... when it continues to be cold & Clarks slash their price wink

landofsoapandglory Fri 29-Mar-13 17:32:10

I've got these from Clarks. They're still in the box awaiting the sunshine!

DD1 has got the loafers from Clarks, in tan. They look nice with opaques and a mini skirt too.

PopMusic Mon 01-Apr-13 09:19:39

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Ellesabe, the first one is a bit casual - everyone dresses quite smartly at school. The second looks a bit hot!

Thecraicdealer, those top shop ones are lovely. I will definitely see if I can find them in the shops and try them on for comfort. Thank you.

Arcadia, they look lovely, but maybe a bit hot for the hot hot days.

Hedgehoggroup, I like these a lot and had a look at them in the local clarks store. They seem very comfy, so am leaning towards these. Thank you.

Landof and Remus, I really don't like loafers, but thank you.

tri10 Mon 01-Apr-13 11:06:51

I have bought these t.schuh.co.uk/item.aspx?icode=1304006220 they are really comfy I normally wouldn't spend above £30 on pumps but are not normally very comfy for standing all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now