Talk

Advanced search

Am I A Strange Size?

(12 Posts)
Hedwig06 Fri 29-Mar-13 08:06:15

I'm trying to find some skinny jeans that don't show my bum? I have tried loads of shops and the 14 is too small or the 16 is massive on me.

I'm also having the same trouble with ballet shoes/flats the size 5 is squishing my toes and the 6 is massive on me sad

Please point me in the direction of some skinnies that won't give me builders bum please x

rubytutu Fri 29-Mar-13 08:11:59

buy skinnies with at least 2 or 3% elastane and buy the smallest size as they always stretch. buy the bigger size shoes and use an insole or find places that stock a 5.5

SunnyRandall Fri 29-Mar-13 08:14:11

M&S five pocket jeggings come up nice and high. Not really a jegging at all, they are a proper jean with zip etc. Fab.

But some colours are less skinny than others so try before you buy! Indigo are properly skinny imo.

ladyintheradiator Fri 29-Mar-13 08:17:27

Have you tried high waisted skinnies? Buy the tightest pair you can get into, they will stretch. Gap high rise are especially good for this, and generously sized.

I have the same problem with shoes too...Next are good as they do half sizes. I've had nice leather flats from Zara too, in an 8! Despite getting a 6.5 in Clarks. Perseverance is key I think. I also order lots online, take time to decide if something actually fits rather than deciding instantly in the shop.

Hedwig06 Fri 29-Mar-13 08:21:56

Thanks everyone. I am ordering online, but its getting me down that I'm returning everything!

I'm just looking at next for the 5.5 shoes after googling it.

I was looking through the DP sale as they have 30% off at the moment, but I know their shoes are no good, as the sizing is all wrong for me and I have a pair of their skinnies and again they fitted nice when I bought them, but they've gone baggy at the knee and keep falling down, so I'm hoiking them up all the time.

mrs2cats Fri 29-Mar-13 08:28:30

I'm watching with interest as I have the same problem too! That makes at least 2 of us then.

Let us know if you get sorted.

LittlePandaBear Fri 29-Mar-13 09:00:57

Aldo have half sizes - look at their Sale and Clearance sections on the website too, they don't list the styles in the same place confused

And Oasis cherry jeans are high enough not to show your bum without being too high, and you'll be able to get into the 14's (don't worry if they're tight when you first put them on, they stretch just enough!)

ladyintheradiator Fri 29-Mar-13 09:06:33

I bought these and they're quite nice, they certainly do a good job of holding it all in. At that price I am going to order more, I like the colour too for the warmer weather (should it ever appear). I am a 12 bottom really and got a 10. New Look do lots of other high waisted jeans but these are a steal at the reduced price.

I know it's boring but have you tried Clarks for shoes? Or even M&S?

Hedwig06 Fri 29-Mar-13 10:04:46

Arh Mrs2cats its really annoying me now, I would like to just be able to pick up something and but it but I fear I'm way past that now grin

LittlePandaBear thank you I'll have a mooch around now x

Thanks Ladyintheradiator I have put those jeans in my basket x

Heinz55 Fri 29-Mar-13 10:10:36

Next high waisted are fantastic and not overly expensive!

mysteryfairy Fri 29-Mar-13 10:20:08

Buy jeans by waist size - that way you can get the equivalent of a size 15. (I think 33 inch waist would be required as 32=14 and 34=16.)

ineedclothes Fri 29-Mar-13 14:20:54

I love dps and buy almost everything there but their skinnies are horrible imo too stretchy and hang off everywhere, also their shoe sizing is all wrong for me and ive noticed when you order online from them their shoes tend to be bigger than instore for some reason im presuming people trying and returning so stretching and those metal bars they stick in flats to 'keep their shape'

George at asda have fab skinnies in the g21 range and are high waisted imo. Cant help with shoes but i have the same problem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now