Talk

Advanced search

We're all going on a summer holiday

(18 Posts)
ellesabe Thu 28-Mar-13 22:46:08

That's IT!!! I've had ENOUGH of this crap! We have all been ill ALL week, freezing our tits off, our hands are chapped to within an inch of their crinkly lives and I haven't shaved my legs for months because they haven't seen the light of day.

So I have just booked a two-week holiday on the south coast of Spain!!!! Hurrah!!!

This gives me about 2 months to get my summer wardrobe sorted (it's going to be scorching!) and lose that last bit of post-natal tummy flab.

I haven't even looked at my summer wardrobe for 3 years and I've had two babies since then so it probably needs a complete overhaul.

Who fancies joining me for a summer-wardrobe-on-a-budget thread to drag us out of this knit-clad hole of a winter?

I need some inspiration!

Coffee1Sugar Fri 29-Mar-13 00:16:16

I'll join you grin Off to Majorca with dp and dd 2.10 in August. Got my flat tum back but some decent tits again would be good! So I'm after a magic bikini that'll transform my now volume less b/c-cup into a pert pair!

ellesabe Fri 29-Mar-13 09:06:04

Excellent!

My challenge it that I will still be bfing dd2 who wil be 7mo. I keep seeing all these gorgeous dresses and then wondering exactly how practical they would be to feed in a busy street cafe grin

LittlePandaBear Fri 29-Mar-13 09:22:06

Can I join you? I'm going away in 2 months too and am always happy to have more inspiration, although I did buy a few things last year for my summer holiday that haven't been worn since...

I've recently bought this which isn't necessarily for my holidays but makes me feel a bit more summery - well it will when I don't have to wear a cardi over it! Lots of other lovely summery clothes at Oasis.

I think I'm just after some cheap t-shirt dresses that I can throw on over my bikini and be 'done' - I also have a 2 year old and therefore need outfits that are easy to wear that I don't care about staying pristine!

I also really fancy some nice sunglasses - I usually just get some from Boots or Accessorise but would love a cool designer pair. I'm due a small bonus from work before my holiday so may splash out, if someone can give me some hints!

Will look out for breast feeding friendly clothes too ellesabe

ellesabe Fri 29-Mar-13 09:45:32

Panda - Last week I bought some stuff from boots and got an 'all sunglasses half price' voucher at the till.

ellesabe Fri 29-Mar-13 09:47:03

Coffee - You can have some of my excess bfeeding boob mass if you like grin

ygritte Fri 29-Mar-13 20:35:27

I'm pining after the Pacha beach stuff at River Island.....but it's not quite befitting of my present lifestyle. If anyone sees a decent cover-up please link,all I can find are John Lewis tablecloth type things.

Novmama Mon 01-Apr-13 11:14:04

I'll watch with interest. I'm in same boat - hols now booked for mid June - like you just cannot bear this weather and we've been ill for weeks. The thought of another poor summer - well......

DD2 will be just 1 when we fly off to Provence. But what to wear - have nothing! Have to lose weight - exercise regime stalled due to illness and weather but will start again this week - double incentive - hols and return to work in July. Need good value basics for warm weather and swimwear - plus bf altho hopefully not too much by then during the day.

Try H&M for t-shirt dresses but check carefully - you'll want cotton, not polyester.

GoingVerySlowlyMad Mon 01-Apr-13 12:00:04

Also interested in this thread, we're off for fortnight in July to Spain. Planning on starting the 30 day shred soon to make make myself look halfway decent, don't know how successful it will be on my post 2 kids wobbly size 14 body!

Have so far got 2 bikinis and 2 maxi dresses and a pair of ray bans. Have no clue what else to pack, been a while since we've been away! I figured some shorts (depending on how many times I can get the 30 day shred done!), vests and some jersey dresses to throw on (H&M have some for £7.99) and another couple of dresses for night. Have last years wedges that barely got worn so just some flat sandals for during the day.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 01-Apr-13 12:33:24

We're going at the end of August (my DC will be 11 and 13)

Primark have loads of summer wear in and my 11yo DD is buying it as fast as possible but 99.9% is synthetic.

I got a swimsuit cover up/dress from there for me.

I'm looking at suncare bargains at the moment. I need a once-a-day spray on. Last year I bought Ultrasun which was brilliant but trying to get 13yo DS to stand still long enough hmm.

GoingVerySlowlyMad Mon 01-Apr-13 13:18:44

Here is the H&M dress. Says it's 100% cotton but haven't seen it IRL so don't know what the quality is like.

Eliza22 Mon 01-Apr-13 13:30:39

Jumping in.... France in August pour moi! With two 12 yr old boys. DH has everything he needs, I have precisely now't! H &M, how are the sizes? I expect them to be a small fit. TIA smile

ceebeegeebies Mon 01-Apr-13 13:33:17

I'll join you smile we are off to spain at the end of august. Haven't been abroad in 8 years since the year before DS1 was born. I am now a good 3 stone heavier, 2 dress sizes bigger with a large tum sad

Bikinis are out so am planning on tankinis or swimsuits. Need ideas for cover ups and evening wear as I haven't got a clue now!

Another issue is that I am 5ft 8 with long legs so a lot if dresses are too short...love that H&M one but can see it would be too short sad

GoingVerySlowlyMad Mon 01-Apr-13 13:44:36

For tops and dresses I find H&M true to size but bottoms and jackets the sizing is certainly on the small side. I was going to give the dress a try, I'm 5ft 8 myself.

H&M sizing is completely random. I'm a size 12 and couldn't even buy a t-shirt in Extra Small last week because they were so big. I think you just need to try on.

LittlePandaBear Mon 01-Apr-13 18:13:34

I like the look of that dress too, and am only 5ft 2 so it won't be too short on me! Anyone know if those h&m £5 discount codes still work? Would be bargainous with that smile

ellesabe Mon 01-Apr-13 21:19:34

That H&M dress looks lovely! The close-up photo makes the fabric look really soft smile

I have my eyes on this for the beach...what (if anything!) do you think could be worn underneath?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now