Talk

Advanced search

Dilemma over Boden dresses in 2 sizes.

(6 Posts)
BagWoman Thu 28-Mar-13 12:04:05

This is a WWYD?

I love a sumer's dress from Boden which is fitted. The 8 is a snug fit- very flattering but if it shrinks at all- it's 100% cotton ( not jersey but quite thick textured cotton and lined) it won't fit at all. The 10 is just that tiny bit big and not quite as flattering. I really need a size 9!

I had thought about washing the 10 to see if it shrinks and if so, keeping it- though if not I'm stuffed aren't I?

If I wash the 8 and it shrinks I could return it and get a refund- but by then the dress will be out of stock in a 10 ( it's already sold out in my size and colour).

I suppose one option is to keep both, wear and wash the 8, and if it shrinks return and keep the 10.

But the only downside is that I am going to have £140 tied up by keeping both, until I wear them which will be the summer.

Any ideas?

MsWinnieBaygo Thu 28-Mar-13 12:47:29

It's unusual for 100% cotton to shrink if washed at 30-40 degrees. Wash the size 8 today and see what happens. If it shrinks return it for being faulty. If it doesn't shrink send the 10 back.

rubytutu Thu 28-Mar-13 19:22:54

as above. would do the same.

sittinginthesun Thu 28-Mar-13 19:24:20

I would also do the same. If its going to shrink, it will on first wash. I've never had a Boden dress shrink yet, though.

hotbot Thu 28-Mar-13 19:40:17

Or get the 10and pay a few quid to get it professionally altered

polyhymnia Thu 28-Mar-13 19:45:27

Yes, the last of those is definitely what I'd do - am lucky to have a really good and reasonable alterations lady just round the corner so can get things to fit just right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now