Talk

Advanced search

Have GHDs, think they are done. Any recommendations for new straighteners?

(14 Posts)
GingerLemonTea Wed 27-Mar-13 11:42:12

That's it really. My GHDs just don't seem as hot anymore & plates seem quite smooth compared to my friends ones. I've probably had them for about 8 years so looking for a new pair.
Should I get GHDs again or is there anything out there that's just as good/ better/cheaper?
I use them to straighten my long hair & to curl it sometimes.

ItsAllTLAsToMe Wed 27-Mar-13 11:47:44

GHDs grin.

(8 years!)

ExpatWifey Wed 27-Mar-13 12:26:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KandyBarr Wed 27-Mar-13 12:35:46

Another vote for GHD. Don't buy Corioliss, recommended by Sali Hughes - they are brutal.

SherbetVodka Wed 27-Mar-13 12:40:17

I've heard good things about Cloud Nine straighteners. They're made by the people that originally started GHD.

2blessed2bstressed Wed 27-Mar-13 12:45:19

I'd just get another set of ghds, they're the best! And there are really nice bright coloured ones available as a limited edition at the moment.

sedgieloo Wed 27-Mar-13 12:58:02

It might be worth getting them repaired? I think there are loads of places now. My sil did and I was inexpensive. They would be able to tell you if it was worth it at 8 yrs. love my ghds too ..

MotionCity Wed 27-Mar-13 16:01:29

I had GHDs for six years and thought I'd never be parted with them! Then they broke and I bought these because I didn't have the £100+ at the time to replace them (student).

This might not be a popular opinion, but I actually prefer them - the plates are slightly larger and the straighteners are a bit lighter, which is better for travelling. They do my hair just as well, but it is fairly compliant, so that might be why!

nipersvest Wed 27-Mar-13 16:19:40

i have some tresemme ones which i like, they have a temp control button which works well for my hair as i need it on the lowest heat setting. they were only £20, but then my budget just doesn't stretch to ghd's, so i guess it really depends on what you want to spend.

my mum had babyliss ones and they're good too.

Megsdaughter Wed 27-Mar-13 16:36:58

i bought these Tresemme ones when my GDH died as couldnt afford new ones.

They are better than my GDH's were.

scarlettsmummy2 Wed 27-Mar-13 16:39:06

I have some babaliss ones- they were about £30 and equally good as my ghds which broke.

GingerLemonTea Wed 27-Mar-13 18:01:16

Thanks for the suggestions & the eBay tip. Looks like its probably GHDs then. I don't know if they are definitely faulty, but when I used my friends newer ones, they just seemed to grip the hair better.
Also although hot enough to still straighten & curl, they don't seem as hot as others I've used, maybe that's a good thing!

GW297 Wed 27-Mar-13 18:07:02

GHDs or cloud nine.

Beaverfeaver Wed 27-Mar-13 20:32:29

I much prefer my Corioliss C2's over GHD's any day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now