Talk

Advanced search

What to wear with this dress to a wedding

(11 Posts)
2beornot Tue 26-Mar-13 20:28:27

Hi all.

Never posted in s&b before (as I have neither) but desperately need your help!

Am attending a friends civil partnership on Saturday and plan to wear this dress:

Next Lace Dress

As it is going to be freezing (reception in a marquee) I desperately need something to wear over the top. Any suggestions? Also is it okay to wear black shoes with a navy dress?

MrsBigBadBeck Tue 26-Mar-13 20:39:29

Hi there!

Colour wise I would suggest you dot wear the black shoes with navy dress. Try a peachy colour to brighten and break the colour upsmile I got married in feb and my DH auntie had a navy dress and accessorised with a nude/peach colour. Looked lovely. How about a faux fur jacket to keep your back and shoulders warm? Then maybe match shoes and a bag? I'm no fashionista but hope I have given you some food for thoughtsmile

FauxFox Wed 27-Mar-13 11:24:34

furry shrug and nude shoes?

FauxFox Wed 27-Mar-13 11:27:28

Or a bright colour shrug pink or coral?

ExpatWifey Wed 27-Mar-13 12:29:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fashionfail Wed 27-Mar-13 15:10:05

This navy lace coat (if you win the lottery)

www.fennwrightmanson.com/coats/casablanca_coat_navy.htm

2beornot Wed 27-Mar-13 18:35:01

I'm definitely going with the nude shoes & bag. I did a bit research last night after MrsBigBadBeck's suggestion. I have a smart coat in the same shade, so it's literally just something to wear inside the revolution venue once I've taken my coat off.

Thanks for suggestions - I think a trip to phase 8 is needed!

MrsBigBadBeck Wed 27-Mar-13 18:39:26

I believe it was there or coast where she bought the nude accessories or maybe next! Sorry not much helpgrin

Navy is v hard to match with navy. I like navy and black - black shoes and a little black faux fur jacket would work. Or silver shoes and a pale grey faux fur. Or bright pink?

Sorry - just seen you're sorted.

2beornot Wed 27-Mar-13 23:12:05

Well actually I do have a little black cardi/bolero type thing. Would that go with the dress and nude accessories?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now