Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

dying my hair-new start/new me

(11 Posts)
issypiggle Tue 26-Mar-13 16:28:15

Right, gonna sound really stupid, but finally plucked up courage to dye my hair, i've done wash in-wash out ones before and i've never had a reaction, now trying a permenant one and i've done the allergy test and the strand test.

am i being a bit paranoid in worrying about an allergic reaction after reading stuff?

if i'm this worried should i leave it??

just really fancied a change as i'm on a new start/new me kick.

erowid Tue 26-Mar-13 16:54:02

Do it !

Compared to the thousands of people who dye their hair everyday, its only a small number of people who react badly to it. You've done an allergy test so I think you'll be fine.

Enjoy and embrace the change smile

issypiggle Tue 26-Mar-13 16:59:58

ok, i'll do it, i'll put dd to bed and go for it! thanks grin

FauxFox Tue 26-Mar-13 17:07:20

Put some vaseline on your ears and hairline first if it's a dark colour grin

issypiggle Tue 26-Mar-13 17:18:38

cheers

FauxFox Wed 27-Mar-13 12:13:38

How did it go issy?

issypiggle Wed 27-Mar-13 13:15:01

good ta, it's red, and i LOVE it!!! happy issyiggle grin

FauxFox Wed 27-Mar-13 13:39:25

So pleased for you - love swishy freshly dyed hair smile

issypiggle Wed 27-Mar-13 14:04:35

my dd wants to dye hers. had to a explain to a very upset 3 yo that she wasn't old enough yet.

FauxFox Wed 27-Mar-13 14:39:32

lol my DD didn't like it when I dyed mine black she wanted it back to brown - v.unadventurous! She however wants ginger hair like her cousin instead of her gorgeous blond naturally highlighted hair that women all over the country pay £££ for - she is a taste free zone so I chose to ignore her opinions on my fashion choices grin

issypiggle Wed 27-Mar-13 14:40:39

grin they are starting young in their tastes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now