Talk

Advanced search

Best Black Eyeliner

(18 Posts)
Roopoo Tue 26-Mar-13 09:44:55

Hoping for recommendations

I want a black eyeliner that is cheap but stays put.
Majority of the ones I use end up giving me panda eyes by lunch.
Clinique eye liner (quickliner) is good but at 14 is a little expensive.

Just wondered if anyone had any alternatives?

Thanks

Dilidali Tue 26-Mar-13 09:49:42

I have used the bodyshop one for years and I swear by it.
Had various attempts to change it but always gone back to it.

Roopoo Tue 26-Mar-13 09:50:56

Thanks. May pop in for a look.
Im just desperate to avoid panda eye.

ScienceRocks Tue 26-Mar-13 12:29:20

The No 7 is good. Liquid liner tends to stay put and the Rimmel one is as good as any other I've had,

GwennieF Tue 26-Mar-13 12:32:08

Have just tried the Mua gel eyeliner - much easier to put on than liquid, and is only £2!!

It stayed on all day, even just under my lower lashes...

Curtsey Tue 26-Mar-13 12:59:37

I also like the bodyshop one - stays put and does the job absolutely fine.

Blamenargles Tue 26-Mar-13 13:58:49

I highly recommend the soap & glory supercat it's like a felt tip pen dries instantly got a fine end so flicks are easy to do its 6.00 and boots have 3 for 2 at the min I got two lipsticks and the eyeliner was free

RevoltingPeasant Tue 26-Mar-13 16:58:29

I second the Rimmel - I don't normally use them but it was recommended the other day in a Guardian '50 best make up buys' article and I really like it.

Also the Body Shop - I use their dark brown liner and it's v good so imagine the black is, too.

Don't get on with No 7 liquid liners - all the ones I've had start out okay but go quite watery after a few weeks.

BeckyBrandon Tue 26-Mar-13 17:05:27

The rimmel scandaleyes eye liner is brilliant, so is the Urban Decay 24/7 one.

For liquid liner I use the L'Oreal super liner, ultra precision, i think it's brilliant.

BinksToEnlightenment Tue 26-Mar-13 18:50:21

Not Rimmel Scandal Eyes. You need Rimmel Exaggerate. It is the best in the whole entire world and I will stake my reputation on it.

wildfig Tue 26-Mar-13 18:55:35

Bourjois felt tip pen one is good - nice fine line and really lasts.

ScienceRocks Tue 26-Mar-13 19:25:08

Oh no, no 7 liquid liners aren't great, Rimmel is much better. No 7 metallic pencils are fabulous though, great colours too.

NomDeOrdinateur Tue 26-Mar-13 19:42:04

L'oreal Superliner is perfect, IMO. Unlike most others: it doesn't smudge/fade all day but it's still easy to remove, it doesn't make my eyes sore or red, the applicator is really precise but soft and practically fool-proof, and it's very long-lasting despite being cheap so it offers excellent value for money. I use the soft matte black shade, but there's also a glossy black and a glittery black.

NomDeOrdinateur Tue 26-Mar-13 19:43:01

L'oreal Superliner

ggirl Tue 26-Mar-13 19:46:15

was going to suggest smashbox limitless eyeliner pen but it's £14.99...dogs bollcks though and doesn't budge

cheeseandpineapple Tue 26-Mar-13 19:48:29

Soap and glory felt tip pen, for daytime use, good value, the pen lasts ages and doesn't smudge. For night and heavier look, Lancôme, liquid liner.

Neither smudge or give panda eyes. Can draw a very fine line with the soap and glory one for a more subtle, natural look.

L' Oreal one sounds popular, will give it a bash sometime.

mewkins Tue 26-Mar-13 20:23:14

Another vote for Rimmel. Tried many others including felt tip style ones, but this is brilliant - fine brush great formula, doesn't smudge all day.

ZacharyQuack Tue 26-Mar-13 21:23:17

Maybelline black gel liner is good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now