Talk

Advanced search

Satchel like the Cambridge Satchel Co. ones - but not the price tag

(14 Posts)
Boonyjinkies Mon 25-Mar-13 08:03:52

My daughter would like a school satchel like the Cambridge Satchel Co. ones, they are beautiful but I can't justify the price on a 10 year old.

Is there a nice alternative? She needs to be able to put her lunchbox in it and some books, so it needs to be a decent size.

Any help gratefully received!

Allthingspretty Mon 25-Mar-13 08:05:33

Maybe primark for a pleather look a like woulb be worth a look?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 25-Mar-13 08:10:50

I've had a primark one in the past and the strap snapped.....maybe not the best for a school bag? I got a nice one from river island but that was about a year ago.

Snazzynewyear Mon 25-Mar-13 08:10:56

<derails thread> Is there a real Cambridge Satchel Co then? I thought it was made up for the advert!

VivaLeBeaver Mon 25-Mar-13 08:13:43

Asos has Leather Satchel Co ones discounted.

heree

VivaLeBeaver Mon 25-Mar-13 08:14:48

Snazzy, the company exists and I believe the ad to be fairly accurate.

Skullnbones Mon 25-Mar-13 08:15:00

They have some end of line clearance ones on their website for £55? Or is that still too much. I have a scaramanga satchel and love it. It was only £55 ish a couple of years ago. (Not sure if I have been helpful at all)

Boonyjinkies Mon 25-Mar-13 08:34:56

No all suggestions very helpful thanks. I would probably be happy to spend £30-£40 if I thought it was lovely. Will investigate your suggestions. Love a bit of Primark, but not sure the handle will last.

Paul's boutique bags look colourful but they also look a bit cheap (in my eyes). Does Cath Kidston do a large satchel does any one know?

duracellbatterybunny Mon 25-Mar-13 09:11:11

Think I saw one in Paperchase's window yesterday. don't know how much though.

Startail Mon 25-Mar-13 09:23:19

Someone here posted these people on an alternatives to CKidson thread. No idea as to quality, huge choice DD1 keeps changing her mind.

spottymoo Mon 25-Mar-13 09:35:32

Dd has one off eBay looks of lovely colours and a good price

applecrumbleandcream Tue 26-Mar-13 15:11:23

I saw some lovely gorgeous satchels, one in particular a bright neon yellow, on my local market stall. Was only cheap and seemed quite good quality so may be worth while checking there if you have a nearby market.

daimbardiva Tue 26-Mar-13 15:33:06

I got one from Ebay a month or so ago from a company called USEL (Ulster Supported Employment) - it's a social enterprise. It was £45 and leather, and I'm really pleased with it. Half the price of Cambridge or similar, and from ethically sourced too! Mine is lovely and purple - they had lots of different colours, red, yellow etc. Their seller name on ebay is Useluk

wantloveneed Tue 26-Mar-13 16:11:29

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now