Talk

Advanced search

Stylish bag for air travel with toddler

(11 Posts)
Liveinthepresent Mon 25-Mar-13 07:12:00

What do you stylish people use?
I thnk I need a backpack or across body style so am hands free.. We don't travel much these days - I am pg too - so just aiming to feel stylish / organised and not too flustered..
Can anyone recommend a bag to help me?
Budget is small ... I was going to buy DD a trunki but think a bag for me is much more sensible way of spending my money..smile
Any ideas?

tribpot Mon 25-Mar-13 07:30:04

Someone recommended on another thread the Healthy Back Bag - am definitely craving one of these!

forevergreek Mon 25-Mar-13 07:37:34

I would go for a rucksack. Will be hands free, weight distributed, and no straps in the way of pregnant bump. Pretty much any one will do. I use seperate organisers inside a regular rucksack when flying. Also good to use if you use a sling with baby
Muji sells nice waterproof ones ( retangular ish) in different sizes. 2 toddlers. one for change of clothes/ nappies/ spare pants/ wipes etc, another with snacks, another with small toys/ books. It means if you need to change little one you can just take changing organiser with you into tiny toilet instead of while bag.

Trunkis are the work of the devil! Dont fit under seat without everyone standing up so if you want something every 2 mins everyone has to
Move or you have to reopen main overhead luggage. A rucksack of small/ medium size will fit by you little ones feet

Liveinthepresent Mon 25-Mar-13 10:54:56

Tribpot thanks for that link - look very interesting! I just need to work out how much space they really have..
Agree forever backpack is probably wise - but they can be a pain when you need something in a hurry! Thanks for the tips about the trunki - we have friends who swear by them - but actually they may not have ever used them on a plane. We decided DD too little to really ride on it yet as well.

Liveinthepresent Mon 25-Mar-13 17:32:58

Has anyone got any more ideas or does anyone have the Healthy Back Bag?
Would be good to know how much you can fit in a small / medium - am wondering if it's too many pockets and not enough space for general toddler paraphernalia?

KristinaM Mon 25-Mar-13 17:43:00

I see a lot of toddlers with trunkies on planes and they are indeed the work of the devil. Don't go there I beg you

Liveinthepresent Mon 25-Mar-13 18:54:06

Don't worry Kristina as its me who will be carrying it I want to buy a grown up (ideally stylish!) practical bag that will work for days out etc as well as airport.
Trunki on hold indefinitely!!

JadeHBB Thu 04-Apr-13 11:18:44

Hi Everyone!

I came across this thread and wanted to answer 'Liveinthepresent's' questions about the Healthy Back Bag smile I work for HBB and find that the best bag for a toddler is the medium. If you normally carry quite a large, well-stocked bag, this is the one to choose. Also good for day trips and sight seeing! With usually 3 pockets on the outside and 6 on the inside, there's plenty of storage options. Dimensions: 49x28x18cm Capacity: 10 Litres,

Have a good day mums smile

Jade - HBB Team www.thehealthybackbag.co.uk

Gigondas Thu 04-Apr-13 11:22:41

I am going to go against the grain here- hbb is good on looks and practicality but is a big fail as I could never get used to the cross body strap , however I wore it. This may be cos I had a neck problem but I would just say that make sure you fiddle with it to get comfy fit ( as could be me having neck issues rather than bag itself).

Liveinthepresent Thu 04-Apr-13 23:10:14

Ooh thanks jade I haven't quite made a decision yet - that might sway me - better get a move on as am running out of time. I also wondered whether as it looks quite unstructured it might feel a bit awkward with heavier / solid items in it like an iPad?

Gigondas Fri 05-Apr-13 06:16:11

This is what I prefer to hbb- radley radley. I just use an ordinary rucksack dh has on odd days out where need more but the radley does well for stuff for both baby and my 4 year old and looks like normal handbag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now