Talk

Advanced search

Wedding vow renewal - what to accessorise with? Forties style?

(9 Posts)
IDoTakeTwo Wed 20-Mar-13 16:35:15

Dh and I are renewing wedding vows ( I know it's nuts, and if we were in hello,we would be doomed to divorce a month later) as he was ill last year and it makes him happy!

It also makes me happy as I have a fab new forties style dress, with suede forties style platform court shoes. All very nice, but I feel the need to accessorise with a little something.

Btw am super regular but have namechanged as we are doing it in secret, just us and the dc, so don't want nosey SIL to spot and identify us!

Any ideas for corsage/hair decoration or similar? Frig, will I need a handbag? Dress is red and black.

Any ideas very welcome!

OneLittleLady Wed 20-Mar-13 16:39:07

A little clutch bag perhaps?

smellylittleorange Wed 20-Mar-13 17:12:30

Sparkly headband?

www.floandpercy.com/index.html

What colour is your dress? All sounds rather fabulous I have to wait until 2017 for my renewal!

smellylittleorange Wed 20-Mar-13 17:17:45

Oh bums dress is red and black - (That website will do bespoke though)

Have you though about a vintage brooch boquet with perhaps a matching brooch as a hairclip /side tiara type thingy

or perhaps a birdcage veil

Or just some lovely red roses pinned into your hair?

IDoTakeTwo Wed 20-Mar-13 17:19:16

Those are lovely, but possibly a little glam. I'm trying to be sure I'm not reliving my youth!

I actually have a red and black dress and a navy one! I plan to choose when I can find accessories . Am extravagant!

IDoTakeTwo Wed 20-Mar-13 17:20:32

Omg, I love the veil. Not too pseudo bridal for a forty something?

smellylittleorange Wed 20-Mar-13 17:23:21

Well no as the beauty is it wont be white/Ivory ! I think will be very classy.

IDoTakeTwo Wed 20-Mar-13 17:25:48

Will snap that up. Fab. As I have a week to go! Can you tell I have not exactly been bridezilla about it!

smellylittleorange Thu 04-Apr-13 13:06:48

Would love to know how you got on IDO??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now