Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Benetint - am I doing it wrong?

(13 Posts)
DolomitesDonkey Wed 20-Mar-13 04:58:36

So there I am with my stippling brush. Stipple, stipple, stipple, blot, blot, blot and aaaaah the base of perfection.

And then I'm supposed to rub this stuff in to my cheeks without destroying my art work? grin Seriously?

plentyofsoap Wed 20-Mar-13 07:52:55

I gave my sample away as I failed at it also. That is no help is it!

Trills Wed 20-Mar-13 08:12:48

I prefer Posietint (the pink one). And actually I prefer the Superdrug 2True £2 ripoff (cheaper and a more intense colour).

But I am made of skin, not an oil painting, so I'm not stippling.

It sounds like the two things are just not compatible.

Not every "good makeup product" works well with every other "good product".

Pseudonymity Wed 20-Mar-13 09:56:12

I put it on first! The posietint doesn't show up on me at all so be warned. I have light olive skin.

BanoffeeSplitz Wed 20-Mar-13 11:52:23

I think it's best on bare (moisturised) skin, or maybe a light tinted moisturiser.
Make up for people who don't like make-up.

You need a proper blusher over foundation, if that is what the stippling is referring to - I'm a bit out of my depth there.

BoobyMoon Wed 20-Mar-13 12:07:10

I use my fingers to apply before foundation - it doesn't blend properly otherwise and yes, will rub away your perfectly applied foundation!

CountryBelle Sat 13-Apr-13 13:00:38

Have wasted money and time on these products in the past few years - as others have said, it either left dots / stripes depending on how it was applied, or ruined my foundation. Found it to be FAR too expensive for what it was!! Also found that it seemed to cause spots on my cheeks after wearing it.

Solution - The Body Shop lip and cheek tint - totally amazing, half the price, lovely colour, no dots / stripes, leaves foundation perfect, doesnt give me spots and there are regular discount codes / 02 priority moments available so it's an all around win!!

GET IT NOW!!!

noddyholder Sat 13-Apr-13 13:07:24

L'oreal nude magique BB blush is so good I use on cheeks and lips much easier and less aunt sally than benetint

ggirl Sat 13-Apr-13 13:20:52

I love my benetint..I use the cha cha colour and apply with a stipple brush , i have two one for my foundation and a cheaper one for the blush. I put a bit on my hand , dab brush on and apply quickly to cheeks.I apply after foundation but tbh I don't apply that much foundation , I use YSL.

I love it cos it stays on all day ..have tried numerous top end blushes that look great initially but disappear after a few hrs

CandlestickOlder Sat 13-Apr-13 13:24:44

I love benetint. Use the brush it comes with and put a couple of lines on and then quickly SMOOTH it over, not rub. I do it after I've done everything else as then my foundation has had a chance to sink in and 'settle'.

I found the superdrug version too intense and it left lines/dots no matter how quickly I tried to smooth it!

BinksToEnlightenment Sat 13-Apr-13 14:12:31

It might be your skin type. On people with dry skin, it's absorbed too fast to get the right effect.

I love Benetint. The Body Shop one is nicer for lips than Benetint but for cheeks, I prefer Benetint.

I just put my foundation on with my fingers (no stippling here) then use the brush in the Benetint to put a splodge about the size of a pea on each cheek and just make circles with my finger to blend it.

Mandy21 Sat 13-Apr-13 18:27:14

I only use a tinted foundation so can't comment on how it effects properly applied foundation, but in my (limited) experience, nothing lasts as long as Benetint. I suppose its all in the mind but I realised on the way home last night that I had left my make up bag in my desk (with my benetint) and I'm not back in the office until Wednesday. I seriously thought about turning round (and missing my children's concert) I was so devastated wink! I feel naked without it!!

I didn't turn round but I hopped over the Superdrug today to buy the copy - pretty much the same (and as long lasting so far) but I found I did need to move pretty sharpish to stop it looking stripey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now