Talk

Advanced search

Ahoy perfumistas- nice cheap (35 quid for 100ml) perfume wanted

(17 Posts)
ParmaViolette Wed 06-Mar-13 17:58:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Wed 06-Mar-13 18:13:49

I thoroughly recommend SJP Lovely. It starts with magnolia and rose and then gets a bit spiky and Patchouli. I love it and it's very reasonable right now, around 23 quid on Amazon and £24 in The Perfume Shop.

Claxonia Wed 06-Mar-13 18:18:34

The Lyn Harris range for Marks and Spencer is lovely.

fedupofnamechanging Wed 06-Mar-13 18:23:31

SJP Covet is nice too. I would try out Lovely before you buy - it smells gorgeous on my sister, but like cat's piss on me sad. I was gutted because i bought a massive bottle on the internet for hardly any money and then had to give it to my sis.

I second the Lyn Harris for M&S ones. They are £25. Also Boots have had some really good offers recently -lots of Paul Smith and CK etc for £20 or less.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Wed 06-Mar-13 18:26:49

Covet smelt like chocolate and lavender on me- really weird!

ENormaSnob Wed 06-Mar-13 18:30:26

Paco rebanne black xs.

Burberry touch.

xigris Wed 06-Mar-13 18:34:36

There's a shop called Rituals in some of the big shopping centres (there's one at Bluewater) that do lovely, quite unusual perfumes. I've got one on the go at the moment that's white patchouli and sandalwood, the number on the bottle is 07. I think it was £36. I love it and I've had lots of nice compliments when I'm wearing it smile

ChocsAwayInMyGob Wed 06-Mar-13 18:55:15

You can get a Viva Box from the Perfume Shop for about £35 quid. it contains 8 samples and a voucher for a full sized bottle. Maybe try that?

Fuzzybirds Wed 06-Mar-13 19:32:49

Another vote for Lyn Harris at M&S- La Fleur is really lovely and very good quality for the price.

Also at M&S, Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Chocolat is like a slightly lighter version of Angel and only just over £20 for 100ml. Fragonard's Emilie is very similar to Paris and about £30 I think, many of the Fragonards are worth testing and good quality (plus M&S often have money off promotions making them even more affordable!)

If you like Tobacco, try L'Occitane's Eau des Baux, it's gorgeous and only £39 for 100mls. Some of Lush's perfumes are supposed to be good and are not hugely expensive- ditto Madonna's Truth or Dare and Dita von Teese smile

Ashoething Wed 06-Mar-13 19:35:27

A very kind mner sent me a huge bottle of sjp's Lovely-just got it today actually!-and it is gorgeous. I am usually a bithmm about celeb fragrances but it smells exactly like Narcisco Rodrigez for her edt but is loads cheaper-£25 for the big bottle at the perfume shop.

Like you I prefer rich scents-cannot abide fruity smells-but it is a soft,slightly spicy floral/woody musk-I really reccomend it. Havent stopped sniffing myself all day!

ParmaViolette Wed 06-Mar-13 20:52:09

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

emsyj Wed 06-Mar-13 21:30:29

I like many of the fragrances you mention, try ebay for a bottle of Lolita Lempicka (the original one in a purple apple shaped bottle inside a lime green box). You can get that within budget and it's gorgeous, I get comments every time I wear it. If you like Angel you will love it.

HannahD78 Thu 07-Mar-13 10:33:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MN044 Thu 07-Mar-13 10:49:10

I like the smae kind of scents as you and like Flower by Kenzo and Paul Smith Rose (cheap on Amazon). My friend smells amazing when she wears YSL Elle but on me it smells stale.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Thu 07-Mar-13 11:38:09

try the Cheap Smells webiste. I just got a bottle of SJP Lovely for 17.99 for 100ml. Free postage too! I've been using them for over a year and have never been disappointed.

Kinzi73 Tue 14-May-13 16:05:50

Hi

I have an unwanted bottle of Diesel Loverdose I recieved as a gift but it isn't one of my favourites so is still in the sealed box.

Heart notes
Liquorice, Vanilla
Top notes
Mandarin, Star Anise
Base notes
Dry Woods

If you are interested you can have it for £15 + postage, just let me know

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now