Talk

Advanced search

naked shampoo

(18 Posts)
daimbardiva Sun 03-Mar-13 15:07:07

I have now used this twice and am worried it's killing my hair. It was in good condition but now feels coarse and looks lank I am tempted to bin it. Has anyone else tried naked products?

TotallyBursar Sun 03-Mar-13 15:13:51

Which one are you using? If it is clarifying and silicone free then you may be feeling the true condition of your hair as previous product build up & the cones which coat hair & make it shines and soft are washed away.
That's the most common complaint I'Ve heard with them so apologies if not the case for you.
I use 2 of their shampoos and get on really well with them but you may not be suited or just don't get on with that one?

treaclesoda Sun 03-Mar-13 15:55:05

I have just finished using a bottle of Naked Shampoo and matching conditioner. I don't think I got on with them that well, but what I would say is that when using it my hair felt lovely and soft, but it just didn't look that great.

I'm now using the L'Oreal Sleek Hair, silicone and sulfate free, and I'm finding it much better.

Callycat Sun 03-Mar-13 15:59:12

Tried. They were 'orrible; I threw the stuff away. Left my hair feeling like I'd dipped it in a bucket of tar.

Callycat Sun 03-Mar-13 16:05:55

Just to add - if you're trying to avoid silicone, this is great:

http://www.loveyourhair.com/product/schwarzkopf-supersoft-volume-boost

I got it for 99p in Savers, and it's SO much better than Naked stuff. My hair feels better than it has for ages.

Callycat Sun 03-Mar-13 16:06:49

Trying again:

www.loveyourhair.com/product/schwarzkopf-supersoft-volume-boost

daimbardiva Sun 03-Mar-13 22:05:29

I've just washed my hair using Aussie Colourmate and honestly, it feels and looks soooo much better. I'm afraid if that's what going silicone free does for my hair I'm willing to stay deluded and stick with the 'cones! It really was quite firghtening how awful it made my hair feel- it was the "hydrating" shampoo apparently - it seemed to have the opposite effect for me...

MedicPeso Sun 03-Mar-13 22:10:13

Hmm, when I first tried naked shampoo, my hair got worse before it got better. Could it be that?

EllenParsons Mon 04-Mar-13 00:16:01

I used the naked shampoo, not sure which one but in the beige bottle. They were okay but I found they left my hair quite tangled and matted, so took ages to comb through after confused

valiumredhead Mon 04-Mar-13 08:24:54

Naked ruined my hair - it looked like straw, it was so bad people commented on it!

KelleStar Mon 04-Mar-13 08:42:22

Mine looked quite bad for a few weeks and then improved.

The feel was awful the first week and then was lovely and soft.

I have naturally curly hair this is prone to frizz, now I've adjusted to being low sulphate and silicone free my hair looks healthier. But it doesn't shine as much as it used to, and my grey hairs look more obvious.

valiumredhead Mon 04-Mar-13 08:43:51

I tried it for a month and then gave up, I'm not convinced a bit of silicone is that bad for your hair wink

JumpHerWho Mon 04-Mar-13 11:51:26

Aussie Moist shampoo and conditioner are v moisturising and silicone free, try them before giving up on cone-free hair.

daimbardiva Mon 04-Mar-13 13:56:30

Is it just the Aussie Moist that's silicone-free? I have Colourmate at the moment. Sorry, I do realise I could just read the bottle, but I'm not at home just now!

sarahseashell Mon 04-Mar-13 18:21:47

I didn't get on with naked either and had to bin it

WipsGlitter Mon 04-Mar-13 18:57:05

I've just stopped using it, made my hair really dry and crunchy.

OtherPens Tue 18-Feb-14 16:50:05

Just finished up a bottle of 250ml Brunette Radiance Shampoo and the matching conditioner because I'm too cheap to bin it.

Probably costing me more in the long run as now I'm looking at having to book a haircut for upwards of £30! Has destroyed the ends of my hair. Not a split end on me before I started the bottle a month or so back. Now it's Split City! I even tried treating the ends with hair masques and oil treatments, and it didn't help at all.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 19-Feb-14 15:16:52

It took a month after using this for my hair to recover, it's awful stuff, my hair was like straw!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now