Talk

Advanced search

Still looking for the perfect LONG down coat - what do you all think of this one?

(12 Posts)
PacificDogwood Tue 12-Feb-13 11:43:14

Timberland

Hope this link works as I previously asked about an invisible coat and even made MNHQ larf at me blush[sob]

dexter73 Tue 12-Feb-13 11:44:40

Looks good to me. What colour are you thinking of?

PacificDogwood Tue 12-Feb-13 11:48:22

Well, I like the brown, but have a brown TNF gillet thing, so might be a bit predictable. Also I think I need the L - I must go and measure my arse bust... I am a size 14, 5'6''. Although American Ms can be quite generous. Hmm.

The white looks spectacular, but very, very white, don't you think?
We live semi-rurally and I can predict mud splatters.

Don't really want the black, I like black but I think that would be a bit much.

Sugarice Tue 12-Feb-13 11:57:00

Nice and a good price too, I'd go for brown myself.

Bonsoir Tue 12-Feb-13 11:58:07

I like the white best.

dexter73 Tue 12-Feb-13 12:00:43

I like the brown too. I think the white would get dirty quickly.

PacificDogwood Tue 12-Feb-13 12:14:58

I think the white looks great and would be managable in a city setting.
I am worried the brown in M might be too small.

I could always order it and send back if it does not fit or lose weight

PacificDogwood Tue 12-Feb-13 12:16:26

What colour is 'picket fence' anyway - wanky descriptive colour names, really annoys me. What's wrong with white? At least black is black and not darknightduringanewmoon or something.

carbondated Tue 12-Feb-13 16:03:29

I really like it. Looks like it will keep you warm without being bulky. I love the white I have to say and it IS machine washable and would probably dry pretty quick. I have something similar from TK Maxx in brown. It's flattering but I feel a bit drab in the brown.

mindosa Wed 13-Feb-13 12:19:35

Nice
If there is anywhere near you that sells these have a look at a Max&Co (Maxmara diffusion) down coat. They are super warm but with lovely non dowdy shapes and belts etc

PacificDogwood Wed 13-Feb-13 22:32:17

Oh thank you for the recommendation.

Now I am also looking at this by Land's End. A few of their coats are very reasonably priced in the sale...

PacificDogwood Mon 18-Feb-13 22:36:12

Ok, just to let you kind people know, I've just ordered the Timberland coat in fecking Picket Fence aka 'white'. I had a look at it in the shop, the sizes come up small shock and the colour is a teensy bit chalky rather than pure-white. It'll be my coat to be cold-in-the-city in grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now