Talk

Advanced search

Alexandra Bee/Alexandra de Curtis

(9 Posts)
DoodleAlley Mon 11-Feb-13 17:03:19

I've recently irrevocably damaged a much loved leather bag.

As I'm looking at changing bags (ideally that don't look like changing bags) so thought I'd look at paying a lot more and getting a leather one.

I've been looking at the above company and wondered if anyone had ever bought a bag from them and if it as a positive experience?

It's not cheap so I don't want it al to go wrong if I can help it and the only other shop selling them is out of stock in the colour I want.

DoodleAlley Mon 11-Feb-13 20:23:58

Just bumping for the evening crowd...

faustina Mon 11-Feb-13 20:28:11

how is the bag damaged? there's something called the bag spa where they can work wonders with nice bags

DoodleAlley Mon 11-Feb-13 20:36:10

I left a sweet in the pocket which turned gooey and did some horrible chemical thing when a bottle of sparkling water exploded in the bag.

I do tend to look after bags better than this normally!

faustina Mon 11-Feb-13 21:49:07

maybe if you like it so much, you can send it off for a quote? I've heard they're very good: here

DoodleAlley Mon 11-Feb-13 21:56:47

I'll have a look thanks. It was actually fairly reasonable for a large leather bag I now realise and got a good five years use of it do it's not the end of the world if not.

DoodleAlley Mon 11-Feb-13 21:59:24

Oh dear all of their treatments cost more than I spent on the bag originally!

faustina Mon 11-Feb-13 22:35:08

ah well - maybe better to start over then!

Cali77 Wed 22-May-13 13:15:03

Hi DoodleAlley, not sure if you are still thinking about getting a new bag, but I have a Sophia changing bag from Alexandra de Curtis and I love it. It's not cheap, as you say, but it has been worth the money. I used it all the time for my firstborn and I'm using it again for my 11 month old, even though I have just ordered a new one in a different colour ;). I emailed them and spoke to Alexandra directly (which was quite cool) and she advised me on colours and models. Hope this helps ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now