Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done, and lost weight, on the intermittent fasting programme?

(8 Posts)
loverstryst Mon 04-Feb-13 11:18:37

About to start. Only need to lose a few pounds. Don't hugely overeat now. More of a grazer. Will this work for me? Any tips?

Peggotty Mon 04-Feb-13 12:00:46

There's loads of threads over on the weight-loss boards - you might get the info you're looking for there smile
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/big_slim_whatever_weight_loss_club/1581821-Tips-and-links-for-those-practicing-Intermittent-Fasting-IF-5-2-or-Alternate-Day-Fasting-ADF

knitknack Mon 04-Feb-13 13:10:20

I started this today! Have had two boiled eggs and a satsuma for breakfast - feeling good so far smile

2madboys Mon 04-Feb-13 13:18:19

I'm currently on the 5:2 and just starting week 3. The second fast day was a bit of a wash out as I ended up going out in the evening, but after the first 4 (3.5!) fast days I'd lost 3lbs. I have just over another stone to lose. Feeling very optimistic about this as have done WW before and just got bored with counting points after a while. I think this should be a lot more sustainable. DH has started today as well so this should help too.

SmileItsSunny Fri 05-Apr-13 22:20:09

I'm having a go - but not the Michael Mosley one, another one by Dr Michelle Harvie and Prof Tony Howell. A relative is a dietician and said that the more famous one didn't work so well for women, and that this one (called the 2 day diet) was more scientifically worked out.

I have only read 4 chapters - so I can't comment any more than that!

I'm on week 2, done one fasting day today (difficult) with another planned for tomorrow. No change seen yet in weight / body fat etc.

freerangeeggs Fri 05-Apr-13 22:27:31

I've been doing it properly for about five weeks and have lost over 8lbs. It's great because I can still have creme eggs.

SmileItsSunny Sat 13-Apr-13 11:16:24

Body fat % down by 3%, into healthy levels - wahey!

mumblechum1 Sat 13-Apr-13 11:27:52

I'm on it and have lost 1.5stones, fasting on 2 days per week. I lost the first stone doing 3 days per week fasting and have slowed down now and am maintaining the loss on 2 days, tho' I'm not religious about it and don't turn down a nice meal out if it happens to be a fast day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now