Talk

Advanced search

Anyone interested in a 'what we are buying'wearing' thread for those of us who love clothes but have a New Look/Dorothy Perkins/Primark/HM budget?

(627 Posts)
MimikosPanda Sat 02-Feb-13 21:03:27

I love following some blogs and I liked lurking on the AW threads but I can never afford the clothes, shoes and bags that are talked about. I love looking at different styles and then have the challenge of trying to find a cheaper look on the cheaper end of the high street. I'd love to hear what others are finding to give me some ideas.
One of the blogs I follow is doesmybumlook40.blogspot.co.uk, I love Kat's style and whilst she has the odd bit from Primark or H&M there is a lot of Toast, Massimo Dutti, Jigsaw, Whistles and these are just too expensive for me.
So, does anyone fancy sharing tips on good finds on the budget highstreet?

AlwaysReadyForABlether Sat 09-Feb-13 19:53:29

I have been doing a bit of online browsing and really like this. It's also available in a stone colour.

Doshusallie Sat 09-Feb-13 19:57:26

I like that always

landofsoapandglory Sat 09-Feb-13 19:58:33

I've got linen slouchy trousers, like those combats. I bought mine in New Look last year and wore them on the plane when we went in holiday, they are so comfy.

cocolepew Sat 09-Feb-13 20:00:25

That's nice, RI have a lovely pink jumper in atm.

I was counting up and I have 11 striped tops shock and I nearly bought another one on Thursday blush.

cocolepew Sat 09-Feb-13 20:01:41

I live in slouchy linen in the better weather. The only thing I hate is I have to iron them .

MimikosPanda Sat 09-Feb-13 20:08:50

Always Glad you liked my links. I think Matalan have really upped their game, looking forward to a child free rummage in there sometime in the near future.

Coco I daren't count how many stripey tops I have, it is too many that is for sure. They are mostly navy stripes but some burgundy have crept in too, I also have too many spots, again mostly navy.

Once I find a style/colour that I feel comfortable with I really gravitate towards it, my wardrobe is all very same-y, just can't seem to help it. I've even had to ban black from my wardrobe because it got to a point where everything was black.

The thread is a week old now (well, in about and hour), my longest running MN thread ever, I'm really enjoying swapping ideas with you all, thanks, I was worried no one would even reply!

Roopoo Sat 09-Feb-13 20:54:30

http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product/fashion-to-buy-online/-Dresses/Soon-Spot-Print-Tea-Dress/71918&resultsPerPage=100&attrList=Dept,brand

Liking this dress........

And this one
http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product/fashion-to-buy-online/-Dresses/-Floral-Print-Belted-Jersey-Dress/67871&resultsPerPage=100&attrList=Dept,brand

cocolepew Sat 09-Feb-13 21:02:14

I love the spotted dress.
I was waiting for a hysterectomy last year and I got very swollen before hand, think heavily pregnant blush. I rediscovered the joy of leggings and had a couple of. dresses that fit went with them. I'd like some more to wear.
Sainsbury's had a nice denim shirt dress.

AlwaysReadyForABlether Sun 10-Feb-13 12:19:54

Can anyone point me in the direction of good jeggings/treggings/whatever they're called this week. I think I have seen Dorothy Perkins and M & S being recommended on here before but I'm not sure which ones.

Roopoo Sun 10-Feb-13 12:44:06

Looking for wooly leggings??? Any ideas or is it in my head??

applecrumbleandcream Sun 10-Feb-13 12:46:42

I love DP jeggings, never tried M&S so can't comment on those. I have the black coated ones and plain black ones. I don't recommend buying the River Island black jeggings. They were a complete waste of money at £35 and looked terrible after only a couple of washes.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 10-Feb-13 12:47:38

I got some black denim jeggings from m&s a few weeks ago. Think they were about £29, they have a zip and button on them but are very stretchy and comfy.

Doshusallie Sun 10-Feb-13 13:11:44

Just bought these

I have loads of black boots, but the only ones I have that are flat ate great big woolly ugg style ones. Got free delivery with FREEDEL code as purchase was over £30.

HotCrossBunsForAll Sun 10-Feb-13 13:22:44

I love this thread :D Only trouble is all the links are making me want to buy things!

I bought some jeans yesterday, online from New Look. I have 36" legs and getting decent skinny jeans is a nightmare - Dorothy Perkins and Topshop have both stopped the ones I usually buy, so am hoping these £22 things from NL turn out to be OK.

cocolepew Sun 10-Feb-13 15:07:00

Lovely boots.

George at Asda,has a half price sale on at the moment, some good bargains, especially in the childrens section

Trills Sun 10-Feb-13 15:14:53

I've just bought this stripey dress - I like it because it has a wider "stripe" at the waist.

cocolepew Sun 10-Feb-13 15:19:13

Oh its lovely Trills envy

Trills Sun 10-Feb-13 15:22:43

For a long time I thought Mango was about the same as Zara but it's actually quite cheap.

The model is 5'9 (I love that ASOS tells you this) so I hope it will be a little bit longer on me.

cocolepew Sun 10-Feb-13 15:35:30

I always thought it was more expensive too.

cocolepew Sun 10-Feb-13 15:40:03

I always though Wallis was expensive too, but there is a concession in a department store in my town and its seems to be on par with Next. There is a beautiful bird print top in mint green in it. (I haven't learnt how to do links from my phone blush)

landofsoapandglory Sun 10-Feb-13 15:46:28

I like that dress Trills, will you report about length, how thick it is etc when it arrives please?

Doshusallie Sun 10-Feb-13 15:53:51

Dammit that dress would go beautifully with the boots....

CointreauVersial Sun 10-Feb-13 17:01:49

Wearing today:

Black knitted twist-neck top - Coast, via charity shop
Black and cream stripy tube skirt - H&M (£3.99!!!!)
Brown woolly tights
Cream cable knit chunky cardi - M&S Indigo

Ruprekt Sun 10-Feb-13 17:16:16

marking my place

Doshusallie Sun 10-Feb-13 17:35:52

Today -

New look blue faded low slung skinnies
Black long sleeved t shirt from primark
Black jumper from new look with silver and bronze sparkle/jewelled detail about the neck
Big black wool trimmed snow boots
(When I went out) black and beige skull printed scarf primark
Navy duvet coat primark

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now