Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

OPI Nail Envy - does it work?

(11 Posts)
TheCraicDealer Fri 01-Feb-13 13:56:00

I have shit nails. They get to a reasonable length and then start peeling all over the place. Have tried various Sally Hansen top coat type things to no avail, but have heard good things about Nail Envy.

So asos has it on a BOGOF offer, is it worth £18? Tell me, you long taloned wenches!

JohnSnowsTie Fri 01-Feb-13 14:03:15

I don't grow my nails long as they make me feel a bit <boak>, but Nail Envy has certainly helped my shorter nails to stay strong and break less.

winefairy Fri 01-Feb-13 14:08:55

It's the only thing that works for my nails. Stops them splitting and makes them appear really healthy which is something I never thought possible.

Previously I could have out-shitted your nails any day of the week.

hermioneweasley Fri 01-Feb-13 14:11:58

Nail envy didn't work for me. I am currently trying mavla scientifique which seems to be helping with my peeling and flaking nails.

TheTiger Fri 01-Feb-13 14:12:40

Yep, it's fab and worth every penny. You can sometimes get it on amazon for about a tenner.

TheCraicDealer Fri 01-Feb-13 14:23:50

You think so, winefairy? Because mine break at the mere sight of a coke can ring-pull....

I've taken all of your advice and ordered it, from Amazon, like you suggested Tiger. A tenner cheaper than those cads at asos had it, thanks!

If it doesn't work I might be asking for more details on that mavla stuff hermione.

neriberi Fri 01-Feb-13 15:17:09

I'm using nail envy but aren't entirely sure its working, I was using nailtiques formula 2 but thought I would try OPI, nailtiques formula 2 is much much better, its just a bit pricey.

CharlieBoo Fri 01-Feb-13 18:27:36

I bought some after it being raved about on here and it didn't have any magic effect on my very very shit nails!!! Quite disappointed really.

Onlyaphase Fri 01-Feb-13 18:31:55

It made my nails split and peel, which they have never done before or afterwards.

If anyone wants to try it (as it looks like it works for some people) I have a little-used bottle which I will happily post for free if you PM me.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeGoes Sat 02-Feb-13 23:23:16

I was not impressed with it, my nails are basically in good condition but if I wear nailvarnish a lot they start peeling on the surface. I bought Nail Envy last Feb to use as a basecoat and it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference, also by the end of last year it had gone really thick and gungy and had to be thrown away.

I also tried using it on it's own and adding another layer every other day but then it was inclined to peel off which makes the peeling worse.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 13-Jan-15 20:04:25

Did it work?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: