Talk

Advanced search

MN Vogue Vol. 4

(1000 Posts)
MarshaBrady Tue 29-Jan-13 20:05:41

For lots of nice stuff, links and so on.

Sleepwhenidie Sat 09-Feb-13 08:41:09

Black blush. I did ponder the new creamy coloured ones for Spring but I figure when its warmer I will spend more time in ballet flats, black a much more sensible investment.

MarshaBrady Sat 09-Feb-13 08:43:02

Excellent. Welcome to pistol club grin

AmberNectarine Sat 09-Feb-13 08:44:01

I've got black, they're great. I think black really suits the grungey style of them, though the cobalt suede has tickled my fancy!

shopafrolic Sat 09-Feb-13 09:05:43

pickled keep hunting! It is really helpful to have other eyes!
Sleep i am very jealous.
It's going to be a good day today - I can feel it!

MarshaBrady Sat 09-Feb-13 09:34:42

Love all the Céline and Preen being pinned! <happy sigh>

QueenBOObread Sat 09-Feb-13 11:47:52

Shop I've just seen this Breton in House Of Fraser.

Also I've fallen in love with a Day Birger jacket and tried on a yellow Mary Portas dress which is definitely copying channelling Claire Danes' Lanvin number last year. It doesn't hang right on me but could on someone taller.

Links later - must shop!!

AmberNectarine Sat 09-Feb-13 12:05:52

Breton for shop

QueenBOObread Sat 09-Feb-13 12:23:35

The nationwide hunt continues...

grin

Mrsap Sat 09-Feb-13 12:37:31

Despite being away these babies were waiting for me when I got home. Sporting them today and love them!

Thx amber

m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/Goldsign/Goldsign-Virtual-Skinny-High-Waisted-Jeans-In-Zagire/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2121437&cid=3630&Rf-400=13472&Rf-200=3&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=12&sort=-1&clr=Zagir

shopafrolic Sat 09-Feb-13 14:05:27

That's the one Amber! Just need it in my size now. Will hunt more when I get home. Sat in hairdressers with magazines awaiting my transformation!

Hopefully Sat 09-Feb-13 16:42:25

Thanks for linking the blog Amber.

I am loving all the links, and wishing I could shop at the moment! We are on a major money-mking drive at the moment to pay for some treats, so am a real proper no shopping ban. Which is dull.

Annianni Sat 09-Feb-13 17:53:05

I had a neon pink saddle bag in my basket this morning but decided against it.

I think I want something squishier.

Did order some bargain shoes though, will link later.

shopafrolic Sat 09-Feb-13 18:20:02

Such a nice day being a grown up in nice clothes without baby food smears!
I wore J Brand high rise indigo skinnies, with a cream long sleeve M&S thermal top and the A&W grey short sleeved sweatshirt (love the pockets on it Amber). And then a black GAP leather jacket with my fur gilet over the top (inspired by a post on the A&W ladies blog a few weeks back), Ash Bowies in prune.
Had a mooch around Selfridges lusting at Pistols that I can't afford but treated myself to this
http://pinterest.com/pin/122230577358741591/
Pin seems to be up the spout at the mo but hopefully that link will work.
I also had a long chat with the guy at the Tom Ford perfume counter and got some very generous sized samples.
I also bought an American Apparel sweater which is quite high in acrylic but fitted well and I think will be practical day to day. I had lunch with an old friend and then hit the hairdressers and had a good gossip. The woman in the chair next to me had Bowie's in black so we had a laugh about mutual show love!
Thanks for the nationwide Breton hunt. The RL is the strongest contender so will see if I can find a medium anywhere.
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

MarshaBrady Sat 09-Feb-13 18:43:37

Look great Mrsap! Sounds good Shop, bracelet's fab.

Gingersnap88 Sat 09-Feb-13 19:21:16

Loving the saddle bags and the Bretons! The neons are gorgeous, although I don't think I'd be brave enough! I'd end up with tan or similar!

This thread is officially dangerous, I decided to look at those Chinti & Parker links and ended up buying 2 skirts and a top in the sale blush

Heres the skirt: http://chintiandparker.com/product/CP238F/Baby+Cord+Skirt

I love the colours and the shape is a staple in my wardrobe to wear with brogues / ankle boots/ little sweater. Very happy!

Less exciting, but also bought a green wrap dress from Phase Eight of all places. The colour is nice and a good shape for bf, and it was half price.

Whoops..!

QueenBOObread Sat 09-Feb-13 21:43:08

So this was the Mary Portas dress I tried on earlier today. Definitely not a keeper; from the waist down there's too much fabric and it's very thick (almost like neoprene) so it sits very oddly. On someone taller it might work, but I'm 5ft 1 and couldn't get it right; fiddle city.

But the top bit is fab, well cut and the colour looks great on me.

Has anyone seen a top which looks like it?

<unrealistically hopeful>

shopafrolic Sat 09-Feb-13 21:53:02

That is a lovely looking dress QueenBoo. Can't help re: tops but will keep my eyes peeled in return for all your fab efforts hunting for Bretons for me! Great colour too!

AmberNectarine Sat 09-Feb-13 21:53:09

Anglomania, not yellow though.

Faintly similar yellow

QueenBOObread Sat 09-Feb-13 22:39:52

With the dying breaths of my iPhone, I've ordered the second one. Thanks Amber!!

MarshaBrady Sun 10-Feb-13 09:09:45

Good one QueenBoo!

AmberNectarine Sun 10-Feb-13 09:15:39

When/if the blog has a bit more of a following I was thinking of doing a Fashion Fairy spot, where people email in what they want and I find for them, like shop and her Breton and Queen and her yellow top. Do we think this is a good idea?

MarshaBrady Sun 10-Feb-13 09:29:45

It's a great idea.

noviceoftheday Sun 10-Feb-13 09:32:01

Morning all! I am frustrated! I spent yesterday trying to find a crop cardigan. Not much luck. I desperately want this helmut lang cardigan but can't find it anywhere. Its sold out. I pinned it thinking I was just about to get it sad. in the meanwhile, along my travels I bought this Hobbs dress which I am not sure where I am going with it. I hate going out for dinner and then being cold so that's what I was thinking but it might go back if I look silly.

I also got damsel in a dress for work and then these Mango shorts for fun as beginning to think about the weather being not quite so cold! I also finally got round to pressing the button on this Aspinall bag. It have liked it for 2 years so just decided to go with it. I have it the Hepburn in nude already. All of this is lovely but it's not the Helmut Lang shawl cardigan!!!

In the meanwhile, I have just remembered that our credit card bill is due soon. shock I might pre-pay some so that dh gets less of a heart attack as I am very tempted by this Vivienne Westwood cardigan but its not the Helmut Lang one!

noviceoftheday Sun 10-Feb-13 09:33:55

Amber that's a great idea. Now, if you happen to come across either my cardigan or something that looks a lot like it, that would be fab!!! grin

QueenBOObread Sun 10-Feb-13 09:39:30

Big yes to the Fashion Fairy. You might find I'm a bit of a regular!

This thread is not accepting new messages.