Talk

Advanced search

zatchels saddlebags - what's inside?

(16 Posts)
SarfEasticated Sat 26-Jan-13 19:42:23

Hi everyone, just wondered if any of you had a zatchels saddlebag. I am thinking of buying one, but can't see how they look inside. Do they have internal pockets, or is it just leather inside.
Also what do you think of it? is it a practical everyday bag, or does undoing the buckle and lifting the flap get annoying?

QueefLatina Sat 26-Jan-13 21:11:19

Mine has no pockets and is just leather inside.

I also don't bother doing the buckle up so it's really practical.

I love mine, it's the large size btw

SarfEasticated Sun 27-Jan-13 09:29:14

Thanks queenLatina that's good to know - what colour did you go for? I'm not sure if those metallic colours are going to be practical or not. Will have to go to Selfy's and check them out

QueefLatina Sun 27-Jan-13 18:25:16

I went for neon pink! It's great for brightening up my black, white and grey outfits.

I hope you found one you love too. Metallics are probably not practical but more fun than black and are still quite neutral.

SarfEasticated Sun 27-Jan-13 18:42:41

ah pink! my dd would love that! I didn't make it Selfys today - as went to a museum instead - do you think they will have the best range?

AmberNectarine Sun 27-Jan-13 19:40:41

Oh I love the neon pink one.

SarfEasticated Sun 27-Jan-13 19:51:14

I have my eye on this one but need to see if it too shiny or not.

SarfEasticated Sun 27-Jan-13 19:59:31

If you wanted to buy your own one ambernecterine they are reduced at House of Fraser £45

QueefLatina Tue 29-Jan-13 10:28:49

I got mine in the HOF sale.

Have you decided yet Sarf ?

SarfEasticated Wed 30-Jan-13 07:26:09

Not yet QL - need to go and see them in the flesh first - am concerned by lack of interior pockets <disorganised>

blondassassin Wed 30-Jan-13 11:01:33

Zatchels owners, does the leather stay really rigid or does it soften up over time? V tempted by the green saddlebag as a pop of colour for spring wink

TapselteerieO Wed 30-Jan-13 11:33:20

I love the zatchels bags, I just can't decide on the colour I want, that copper one is fab.

So far I like the bright spring green, the metallic blue, the red...and well nearly all of them actually. I am slightly put off by lack of compartments, my everyday handbag has three compartments and two internal pockets, but it is pretty much worn out.

SarfEasticated Wed 30-Jan-13 18:54:05

Had a look in house of Fraser and I have to say they look gorgeous! They had shiny red and purple and gold and the purple was amazing. I don't even like purple, but it was black/aubergine/purple and it kind of gleamed! None of the colours were too flashy either. The quality looked excellent, but even the big size wouldn't cope with my everyday bag contents. I would use it as a really nice weekend bag. I reckon it could take purse (long oblong) phone, oyster wallet and keys with room for a paper back or moleskine. No danger of getting bogged down. Price very reasonable when you see it in department store context too! Just need to check out the pewter, then I will decide smile

SarfEasticated Tue 26-Mar-13 20:32:07

Hi there, just reporting back. I was given one of the metallic bronze saddlebags for my birthday and it looks lovely. the only problem is that the metallic finish is quite delicate and seems to be rubbing off slightly! the very nice customer service dept have said they will exchange so I am going to get a normal finish one. Be warned!

AmberNectarine Tue 26-Mar-13 21:32:04

I ended up with a neon orange one, which I LOVE!

shopafrolic Tue 26-Mar-13 21:34:41

I love my cream one........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now