Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How are the cool people tying their scarfs these days?

(20 Posts)
lucysnowe Wed 23-Jan-13 12:03:53

Is it wrap around and tie the ends, or make a loop and put the ends through? Or something else? I NEED to know smile

YDdraigGoch Wed 23-Jan-13 12:04:47

I wrap around, twice if I can, and tie the ends - but I'm not cool grin

lucysnowe Wed 23-Jan-13 12:42:00

Haha, not listening to you then YDdraig grin

Lexiesinclair Wed 23-Jan-13 12:43:38

I wrap around twice too, I think looping and pulling the ends through is a bit 2012. wink

DuchessFanny Wed 23-Jan-13 12:45:09

YOU ARE COOL YD .... i do the same, so you must be [ grin]

DuchessFanny Wed 23-Jan-13 12:45:40

tut ! i meant to grin

UterusUterusGhali Wed 23-Jan-13 13:00:15

Wrap around as many times as poss! It's cold!

(I am cool wink)

PenfoldRocks Wed 23-Jan-13 13:45:20

Check out this video for many ways to wear. (Although I forget all but one as soon as I've finished watching it)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LYAEz777AU

EuroShagmore Wed 23-Jan-13 13:45:51

You need one of those snood things with no ends - then you can avoid the issue of how to tie it!

ThisLittlePretty Wed 23-Jan-13 14:01:50

Snoods no good if you have a hairdo that can't be messed up, unless of course you put snood on before doing hair & makeup! Or alternatively step into snood, and pull it all the way up over body & clothes.

Scarfwise, it's defo gotta be a wrap twice, and either tie ends or leave loose.

In terms of cool, I notice alot of celebs these days leaving their boots untied or unzipped, so I guess it follows that one's scarf should just be thrown on around neck without any wrapping or tying.......? Just a guess! I am presuming this is in order to suggest that one's social calendar is soo buzzing that there simply isn't time for tying shoelaces/zipping up boots/wrapping & tying scarves wink

Mrsap Wed 23-Jan-13 16:32:09

That is funny as I have the most gorgeous tan heeled ankle boots which are just a tiny bit too tight so I have started wearing them unzipped which is far more comfortable and looks ok too.

I couldn't cope with not wearing them as they r so nice.

Who would have thought that my comfort is now trendy gringrin?

JeffFaFa Wed 23-Jan-13 16:36:07

I have just bought my first ever scarf and have no idea how to wear it! so wrap round twice? is that front to the back then blush omg im a grown woman and have never wore a scarf

Mrsap Wed 23-Jan-13 16:42:36

Look at this clip. V useful

www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=31616

therugratref Wed 23-Jan-13 16:47:40

A scarf wrapped any way really has to be better than those furry hoods with ears and long dangly bits that everyone seems to be wearing at the moment. I wrap twice or thee times depending on the scarf.

Mockingcurl Wed 23-Jan-13 17:01:37

Jeff, first ever scarf!
I have a bit of a thing about scarves, I wear them all the time. I did a stock take a few weeks ago, and am a bit embarrassed to find that I have over 200. To be fair, I have been collecting them since I was a teenager. I am now very old. grin

lucysnowe Wed 23-Jan-13 20:22:52

Ooh thanks guys, wow that video Mrs and Penfold posted is v. cool! I like that the foldy one I mentioned is called the 'European fold' as if it is totes sophist or whatev. I think my favourite is the 'Mira'. Maybe the best thing to do is to have a massive scarf a la Lenny Kravitz and then you can just fling it over your shoulder like a continental soldier. grin

Marylou2 Wed 23-Jan-13 20:38:39

Just been on a work conference and have always looped and pulled through. All the young 20 something's wrap round though. Have changed my ways,sad but true.

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 23-Jan-13 20:54:20

Looping is warmer. Wrapping gives you that gap between cleavage and chins

JeffFaFa Wed 23-Jan-13 21:02:06

I know mocking, im quite ashamed at the age of 27 i have never owned a scarf, i now have a lovely cream one, that im struggling to actually fit into my new coat! will check out that link

lucysnowe Wed 23-Jan-13 21:06:35

Wearing a scarf stops you getting a cold FACT thoughbut Jeff smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now