Talk

Advanced search

Skin Care (Face)

(7 Posts)
mrkidd85 Tue 22-Jan-13 12:28:24

Thought I'd ask you this as most of the lads I know are clueless about it as well as me.
Decided this year to try using products instead of just soap and shower gel, especially as I have some blackheads on the nose and cheeks and my skin looked really dry. I purchased 2 scrubs (one for exfoliating and one for blackhead removal), some toner and moisturiser. I've been using this for a few days (day and night), but my face is still really dry even though I've moisturised twice daily.

How long does this take to see an improvement, or what am I doing wrong?

JoyceDivision Tue 22-Jan-13 21:55:04

Wouldn't use a scrub more than twice a week, might be drying out your skin if you're doing that every day

What moisturiser did you buy?

mrkidd85 Wed 23-Jan-13 10:47:50

I use Clean and Clear. When I look in the mirror and smile, it looks like my skin is stretching and looks awful for a 27 year old's face.

neriberi Wed 23-Jan-13 14:09:53

Less is more when it comes to skincare! Using too many products and using them more than needed too can wreck havoc with your skin.

If your getting blackheads try using a really good quality cleanser or foaming face wash with a warm flannel to wash your face, but in the evening only, just use good old water in the morning. The flannel will gently clean your skin and exfoliate it at the same time (but not too much) helping to loosen blackheads and eventually remove them.

You don't need a face scrub & blackhead removal scrub, that's just overkill, using the flannel will suffice. If you want to use a scrub, just do so once a week.

Ditch the toner, it can dry your skin out if you haven't used it before, besides not everyone needs toner, instead make sure you have a really good moisturiser to hand or a face balm. And ditch the Clean and Clear, its got astringents in it that dry out skin and can make your skin look parched and stretched, your better off using something like Nivea or L'oreal or even Boots Botanics own range.

Honestly, less is more, you just need a good foaming face wash (or cleaner) and a decent moisturiser of face balm.

Tribblewithoutacause Wed 23-Jan-13 16:35:36

As someone who has had really bad problem skin, I've found the best solution is to be gentle. So after several years of using all the acne products I started using Liz Earle and origins. Only did this as I had a tester and my regular stuff ran out. My skin has never looked so good, so I'm a convert and use more plant based products now.

JoyceDivision Wed 23-Jan-13 21:40:50

Clean andclear is really mor efor blemish / spot skin that's oily, think you've not got best moisturiser choice for you...

Simple is good for a budget buy, get the day care on wit the spf, it's about £6, or go to Boots and ask for a sample pot of the mens protect and perfect moisturiser. T buy it's about £20 i think, buty a decent sample pot can last up to a week so you can decide if it's worth investing in

Patriciashel Wed 07-Feb-18 11:55:26

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now