Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Boots No.7 or alternative

(5 Posts)
chubbymomie2012 Mon 21-Jan-13 14:25:14

ok so no one uses Avon. i need to switch from Lancome i just cant jusify the price. does anyone use the No.7 anti aging range or can u suggest an alternative please.

ziggers Mon 21-Jan-13 14:31:09

I use no. 7 protect and perfect and I find it really good, especially the serum. I have used it for a good couple of years now, and it's the only range I buy. I got a big set for Christmas and its the intense one, and that's fine, but to be honest I haven't noticed a big difference between the two. I am early 30s with normal/oily skin. Go into any big boots and I reckon they will give you advice about which of their ranges will suit you and some testers.

Aquelven Mon 21-Jan-13 16:09:41

Yes, I use it, have done for years.
I sometimes use Clarins but to be honest find no difference in the condition of my skin between them.
The great thing about Boots ranges is that you very rarely have to pay full price as there's always some offer on. Either three for two, think that's on now, or they always seem to be giving you £5 off coupons for the range at the till. Then of course you accumulate points, something else where they're always giving coupons for extra ones, so when you've enough you can get something free.
My DH often remarks that they'll be giving money back at the till soon as I seem to get so much for so little outlay.

cocolepew Mon 21-Jan-13 16:36:28

Superdrugs Optimum range is really good.
A night cream is usually about £7.99, they have offers on quite a bit.

poozlepants Mon 21-Jan-13 16:41:06

I use the perfect and protect serum from no. 7 and it is really good. I am 44 and have used it for about 4 years and I am pretty wrinkle free. I use bog standard nivea as a moisturiser. It is far better than any of the expensive ranges and I have used Lancome, Clarins and Clinique (and more) in the past. The only Lancome product I still use is their mascara as I seem to be allergic to nearly every other brand.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: