Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tan brogues for this spring, yay or nay?

(7 Posts)
duende Sun 20-Jan-13 12:16:28

It took me a while to get my head around them ;) but I now quite like the look. Have a missed the boat? Will people still be wearing them this year?

Ask, how do people wear them with 7/8 or other cropped trousers, do you wear some invisible socks, or just the opposite, very visible socks? smile

mewkins Sun 20-Jan-13 12:20:55

Hope so as have some from autumn that I love and will be wearing again whatever. I wear with slim fit trousers either 7/8s or rolled up to ankle length. Then a thin jumper or shirt. They look nice and unfussy to me. Also warmer than ballet pumps.
I wear invisible socks with mine (you know what i mean!) but for a casual look I may give chunky ankle socks a go.

Charliefox Sun 20-Jan-13 13:07:51

I like this pic from Lisa Snowdon. Not sure for work necessarily if you're in a corporate environment! https://mobile.twitter.com/Lisa_Snowdon#!/Lisa_Snowdon/media/grid?=undefined&idx=1&tid=292226697472917504

I tried the Clarks nude brogues on today. Beautiful but they're marked fresh out of the box, so I imagine one wear and they'd look shabby. Shame as they're gorgeous.

Charliefox Sun 20-Jan-13 13:09:07

Hmm, link not taking straight topic. Scroll down a wee bit and pics are there. It's just a leg shot from the knee down.

Bundlejoycosysweet Sun 20-Jan-13 13:50:26

I have been rocking this style for a while now and will be rolling it out again once the snow is gone.

I wear with 7/8 skinny trousers with baggy jumper or shirt. My brogues are not chunky (though I love the chunky ones too) so I just wear no socks. I find as long as you are warm enough up top I can cope with chilly ankles!

duende Sun 20-Jan-13 16:04:31

Thanks everyone. I'm 3 months pregnant at the moment so finding non-frumpy flat footwear for spring and summer would be great.
Can't wait to get out of boots now!

borisjohnsonshair Sun 20-Jan-13 17:29:30

I'm thinking of going for some loafers like these to wear with 7/8 trousers this Spring. Will I look odd or vair cool?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now