Talk

Advanced search

Clinique foundation recommendations

(19 Posts)
Jemster Thu 17-Jan-13 22:46:08

I need a foundation as I am looking pale and tired, skin dry and flaky in places. I was going to go for a tinted moisturiser as I hate the feel of heavy coverage but I think I need a bit more than TM as I'm so dull and pale on my face.
I've always liked clinique but haven't bought anything for a while and am confused by the numerous options they have. Could anyone recommend which one might suit me? I really want something that doesn't feel dry but also not too keen on looking too shiny/shimmery. Thanks alot.

OrchidFlakes Fri 18-Jan-13 04:16:40

Clinique moisture surge foundation - I love it. Moisturizing but not shiny/oily grin

annieshaf Fri 18-Jan-13 07:24:34

Definitely try moisture surge. I wear it every day. It's a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturiser but not heavy at all.

wiltingfast Fri 18-Jan-13 08:41:36

Clinique are best for skin care, not known for their make up though it is ok.

After my last (v expensive awful foundation from Nars) I went around the counters and got samples. V happy with the one I bought. Estee Lauder and Chanel were the best BUT everyone's skin is different so I would strongly recommend the sample route. You might have to assk a few times but it is really worth it.

Hth

Missbopeep Fri 18-Jan-13 08:47:37

Isn't there a "Mositurising Foundation"- it's one in a greeny tube.
I used to love their foundation until they stopped making the palest shades. Had to change to Bobbi Brown. Can recommend their Mositure Rich- I have normal skin but it slides off and I think it's not much more than a tinted moisturiser- think I am going to have to change it.

Eliza22 Fri 18-Jan-13 08:57:43

I like their Perfectly Real foundation. Have tried others but always come back to this.

Jemster Fri 18-Jan-13 09:04:22

I used to love almost make up but they discontinued it, very annoying. Like the sound of the moisture surge. Which one did you get wiltingfast?

Jemster Fri 18-Jan-13 09:14:50

Eliza i like that one too and have some left but its too drying for me right now.

higgle Fri 18-Jan-13 09:27:38

Superbalanced - I use this in the winter and tinted moisturiser in the summer.Superbalanced has a light creamy non mat finish and seems to protect your skin too.

Eliza22 Fri 18-Jan-13 13:54:42

Jemster, I use my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser under at the moment with SPF 20

polyhymnia Fri 18-Jan-13 15:55:32

I recommend Bobbi Brown tinted moisturising balm.feels lovely.

If your skin is flaky I'd be very wary of using anything with heavier coverage than this or a tinted moisturiser (Laura Mercier is an excellent one) because I think the extra powder content could just emphasise the flakiness.

Jemster Fri 18-Jan-13 18:26:20

Thanks everyone. I actually have a brand new Laura Mercier TM which I bought the other day but I was going to take it back as I really think I need a bit more coverage as face is so tired and dull looking. I haven't opened or used it yet.
Eliza, do you use a normal moisturiser too first or just the tinted one and then perfectly real?
Polyhymnia I see what you mean. Do you think the LMercier will be enough to make me look more alive and well?!

Missbopeep Fri 18-Jan-13 19:13:32

www.clinique.co.uk/product/1599/5290/Makeup/Foundations/Supermoisture-Makeup/index.tmpl

This one OP

Worth looking at.

Eliza22 Sat 19-Jan-13 09:36:15

Jemster, it varies. In this weather I might wear a touch (minimal squirt) of moisturiser and then the LM Oil Free TM which, at the moment, gives good enough coverage for me. On a day when I feel a bit dull/flat/tired..... I'd add a weeny dab of the Clinique Perfectly Real to my forehead/cheeks. Then blush ALWAYS BLUSH for this of us who have the natural bloom of the 'undead' ! It depends what my skin needs on the day.

LM Oil Free TM gives me a glow (and I have fairly dry skin) so, lord knows what the ordinary one is like! The sales lady talked me I to Oil Free and I was skeptical but the ordinary TM would have been a bit oil slick, on me smile

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 19-Jan-13 09:40:06

I use cliniques repair wear anti ageing foundation. I really like it, just looked at the bottle to see what it called and realised it is nearly all gone though!!

polyhymnia Sat 19-Jan-13 10:58:53

I always use my usual moisturiser (and usually serum under it, but that's not essential) and then the tinted moisturiser on top, like a foundation.

I certainly find the Laura Mercier TM makes me look well and would use it if I were you, but products do work differently on different skins.

Jemster Sat 19-Jan-13 13:11:10

Thank you.

Eliza when you say the normal one do you mean the illuminating one? I didn't want that one as don't want to be too shiny! Just checked and mine doesn't say oil free,It's def not the illuminating one though so hopefully will be ok.
What blusher do you use with this? Is it best to go for cream one?
I def need blusher but only have powder ones at the moment.

polyhymnia Sat 19-Jan-13 13:54:32

I'd definitely go for cream blusher if your skin is dry.

Eliza22 Sat 19-Jan-13 15:38:38

I have a cream one and a couple of powder ones. They all 'go' with the LM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now