Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations please for natural looking mascara

(13 Posts)
polyhymnia Wed 16-Jan-13 12:23:28

I have my lashes tinted but sometimes want to give them a little boost for going out.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a really natural looking mascara please? I don't want thickening or lengthening ( anything obvious is v aging on the more mature woman, I think). Just to enhance my own lashes a bit.

Dark brown, black or even clear .

Prefer premium or midrange ( eg Clinique) to high st/ cheap, though might consider Boots.

ZacharyQuack Wed 16-Jan-13 12:30:35

Clinique Naturally Glossy - an oldie but a goodie.

WowOoo Wed 16-Jan-13 13:49:28

I second the Clinique NG. I always go back to it after trying others.

TheRatsTheRats Wed 16-Jan-13 13:50:21

Bare Minerals. So good, eyelashes don't clump together at all, seems to extend eyelashes but not in an overly fake way. I swear by it.

polyhymnia Thu 17-Jan-13 12:13:26

Thanks - the Clinique NG one is an old favourite of mine too and I think I'll go for that again for the moment.

Thanks also for the Bare Minerals suggestion - will have a look at that next time I'm in a store with a BM counter.

ggirl Thu 17-Jan-13 12:16:42

don't go for the new maxfactor no clump one..it's crap and it clumps

aVentingAngel Thu 17-Jan-13 12:59:34

I was just going to recommend the Max Factor No Clump one! It's actually converted me to wearing mascara, which I used to hate. smile

EllieorOllie Thu 17-Jan-13 13:10:16

Clinique power lash

valiumredhead Thu 17-Jan-13 15:53:44

though might consider Boots

Snort! grin

polyhymnia Thu 17-Jan-13 16:11:33

Sorry just being honest. Rightly or wrongly, Boots No 7 is one of the few 'budget' brands I've ever used since I was a teenager . I' m not saying my prejudices are necessarily rational ...

valiumredhead Thu 17-Jan-13 16:14:36

Gold tube Max Factor Masterpiece in brown is very flattering smile

polyhymnia Thu 17-Jan-13 18:35:10

Thanks. Will check that out too.

idlevice Thu 17-Jan-13 22:44:09

Dr Hauschka not only is very natural looking, black or brown, but actually is made from all natural ingredients too. I find it never clumps, I never have to comb through lashes unless I have made a finger-fumble. I used to say the Clinique Glossy one was best before using this one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now