Talk

Advanced search

Tattoo Removal

(11 Posts)
Jinx1906 Wed 16-Jan-13 10:15:40

Hi,

Anyone here who had it done and are you happy with the results?

Thank you!

Bunbaker Wed 16-Jan-13 10:20:14

One of my friends is currently undergoing tattoo removal. She has been staggered by how painful it is - much more than having a tattoo in the first place. She has had several sessions because they don't do it all at once - and it isn't even a large tattoo.

Jinx1906 Wed 16-Jan-13 10:32:21

Mine is fairly small, I'm not worried about it being painful. What worries me is the end result. I don't want to end up with a scar or something that looks like a burn, would rather keep is as it is. It is fairly small and on my bum, so not many people get to see it. Sitting firmly on the fence at the mo.

nogoodusernamesleft Wed 16-Jan-13 10:45:20

I am in the process of having two removed, one fairly large one on my back and a small one on my stomach. I've been going every 8-10 weeks for a year now and they are almost gone - I think 2-3 more sessions should do it.

It is uncomfortable but not unbearable, to me it feels like being pinged repeatedly with a hot elastic band!

PM me with your email addy if you'd like to see pics, the girl doing the removal has been taking pictures each time I go and she sent them to me - is fascinating to see them fading!

Sassee Wed 16-Jan-13 10:55:30

I've had one removed on the small of my bag.

It really really hurt and cost me well into 4 figures for what was quite a small tattoo.

Now it's done it does sort of look like a burn or an odd birthmark. I'm not delighted with the results if I'm honest but I guess from a distance you can't see it, it's only close up.

I was told I could have had a couple more sessions which might have helped but because I'm quite olive skinned the treatment was starting to remove the pigment from my skin and I was in danger of essentially a white tattoo, which was not the look I set out for.

I spent a lot of money and feel a bit meh about the result but still probably better than a tattoo by a man whose mother didn't teach him to colour in between the lines!

Sassee Wed 16-Jan-13 10:55:54

Back! My bags are all tattoo free!

nogoodusernamesleft Wed 16-Jan-13 11:15:54

Yep, I'm pretty pale and was told that this would make it easier to remove completely. Both of mine were also all black, which again is apparently easier to remove.

Jinx1906 Wed 16-Jan-13 11:39:53

Thanks, considering it is on my bum, the skin has not really has any sun exposure and is shockingly pale. Problem is that some green ink was used which is said to be a pain to remove - according to what I have read on the web.

I have been quoted £60 per session for and have been told that I will probably need about 10. Was hoping for it to be gone by summer. Doesn't seem that this will happen now. 10 sessions would be about a year.

thanks

Walnutcakelover Wed 16-Jan-13 13:00:26

I also wanted a tattoo removed, its quite small and black ink was used, the clinic that i went to see said that it's up to me but it might not completely go and most likely would end up with a dirt looking scar. The Dr wasn't so quick to recommend it to me, eventhough it's only a smallish black tattoo and they are the easiest. I tend to get dermablend or dermacolor to cover it up in the summer.

Sassee Wed 16-Jan-13 17:48:45

I was told 10-12 sessions. It was a lot more!

MavisGrind Wed 16-Jan-13 17:56:46

I've just had session six of approx 10 to have a small black tattoo removed on my upper arm. It's not too painful (compared to childbirth say!) and it's costing me £90 per session.

I'm much happier now it's fading, I don't think it will take another four sessions, I'm really pale though so we'll see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now