Talk

Advanced search

Hippie/Boho summer shoes for the over-50s?

(7 Posts)
FurryDogMother Tue 15-Jan-13 14:49:47

I need shoe advice. I live in a very rural area - think mud - and have a relaxed lifestyle which involves pub visits and occasional trips into a small market town. No office dress involved, just sometimes I need to wear something other than my usual jeans/trainers stuff, maybe to go to a restaurant, or a party at a friend's house. My style is generally hippie/boho/lagenlook - and for most of the year knee length boots work fine with that. I'm just looking for something for the summer. I don't do high heels, and prefer wedges to anything that'll sink in grass (or mud!). Peep toes are a no-no.

Does anything come to mind? I've been trudging through eBay in hope of inspiration, but the best I can come up with are wedge espadrilles, which are a bit cheap looking. I've looked at so many shoes this morning (and bought a pair of boots and a pair of trainers!) that I'm beginning to go shoe-blind, I think. Any suggestions appreciated!

faustina Tue 15-Jan-13 15:34:48

this is a good blog for flat shoes. You might see something you like?

itsthesimplethings Tue 15-Jan-13 15:37:55

I tend to either wear ballerina pumps or flipflops.

polyhymnia Tue 15-Jan-13 15:50:27

Ballerinas of various sorts are my usual answer - but I am very townie, not rural.

MarianForrester Tue 15-Jan-13 15:54:41

I just do lighter coloured bootssmile

Ankle boots in tan, or I have a nice grey pair. Shoeaholics good to find them, tho you do have to pay for returns.

Mind you, I am in Scotland, so summer is something we don't really get.....

FurryDogMother Thu 17-Jan-13 13:12:56

Thanks ladies - I think I may go for the lighter coloured boots, to start with - am in Ireland, so similar lack of summer issues, Marian!

There are some great shoes on that site, faustina - it gave me some ideas. I just have to find the budget versions wink

Thanks again!

spooktrain Thu 17-Jan-13 14:59:43

What about something like this ?

If your budget stretches to it, check out El Naturalista and Camper for a boho vibe, great colours, very comfy

I have these and they're great AND in the sale too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now