Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why won't Gap do my size in jeans!!!???

(14 Posts)
LadyBigtoes Tue 15-Jan-13 11:57:29

I have always had trouble finding my size in gap - Large generally, and a 14 long, or 32x34, in jeans. They often seem to sell out first. But now I have discovered real straight jeans and I really want some, and I cannot get a 14 long anywhere, online or in any shop. They also now don't seem to have that size in curvy jeans, my previous standby.

It's not exactly a bizarre size is it - if you are a 14 there's a reasonable chance you'll be on the tall side, and vice versa, yes? What's going on?

Hetaera Tue 15-Jan-13 12:10:36

Vote with your feet (and slightly longer than average legs) and shop elsewhere?
Levis do three leg lengths in most of their sizes and styles. Curve ID jeans are also very flattering on the behind.

Hetaera Tue 15-Jan-13 12:11:41

I need at least a 30 inside leg or smaller and Gap just don't seem to care!

wewereherefirst Tue 15-Jan-13 12:18:57

I have the same frustrations! Most high street stores do not offer a tall range and it makes it hard when they do one item only in a 34/5/6" leg.

Mintyy Tue 15-Jan-13 12:20:54

?? My 5'11" friend gets all her jeans in Gap.

LadyBigtoes Tue 15-Jan-13 14:04:37

Yes, I used to get jeans there easily too. You can get a 34 leg, just not a 32x34.

I can go elsewhere, it's just that Gap 32x34 is the perfect fit for me, plus they're a reasonable price/good special offers, colours I like etc - I know Gap jeans work for me. If I go elsewhere I'll have to do lots of trying on (which means missing work to go shopping or else having furious shopping-hating toddler attached to leg). But you're right Hetaera and I have been meaning to try Levi's curve ID.

Hetaera Tue 15-Jan-13 14:18:00

Do they have that size available on their US site? If so then that is rather unfair!

You could always have a look on US & UK ebay and see if they have anything. These are a 30 waist but seem a good price.

Sonotkylie Tue 15-Jan-13 14:21:10

Gap customer services are really helpful. Is it worth giving them a call?

Hetaera Tue 15-Jan-13 14:21:51

They do have a pair on their US site. How unfair!

MorrisZapp Tue 15-Jan-13 14:38:20

Keep your ideal jeans as a saved search on ebay. Somebody will be flogging them!

joliejolie Tue 15-Jan-13 14:45:07

They regularly do tall sizes in the US. Check a Gap outlet because they get their stock from the US and have many sizes that you can't get in UK stores, but are available in the US. My dh has the same problem with Gap jeans and we buy from the Gap outlet. Cheaper too. smile

LadyBigtoes Tue 15-Jan-13 15:53:29

Brilliant thanks for these tips!

qwertina Tue 15-Jan-13 16:43:34

The US tall range jeans are very long - 37 inches. Have you looked at Esprit? They have a good range of 32/34 sizes in the straight leg style www.esprit.co.uk/women/clothes/jeans/straight
The delivery can take a while as they send them from Germany I think, but customer services are very good.
I don't rate the Gap real straight, they look great at first but get baggy and loose after couple of hours of wearing them.

fridgepants Tue 15-Jan-13 23:45:06

CurveID only go up to a 32 waist if I remember rightly. Which is a bit rubbish as there are lots of bigger hourglasses who find it even harder to get jeans that don't hang off the waist.

I'm a 33" and the regular length is just about right in Gap on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now