Talk

Advanced search

boden snuggly gilet/ rainy day mac

(7 Posts)
ChablisLover Tue 15-Jan-13 08:25:00

Hi

has anyone bought these in the sale?

I bought 2 sizes and cant decide between them

snugly gilet - I took the advice of the reviews and sized up (twice!) the 12 is snug fitting and curves with my curves whereas the 14 isn;t as snug and is straight up and down the sides.

I cant decide which one to keep as I'm not exactly sure of the fit.

with the rainy day mac i bought a 10 as thats my normal size. Tried it on with a big thick jumper underneath and my mum says it looks a bit tight - without the jumper it looks grand ( then she tried it on and thought it was lovely! - think she wants it!) - So I dont know what to do - thin layers I suppose?

Any help welcomed

Thanks

ChablisLover Tue 15-Jan-13 09:55:09

anyone?

trying to decide before returning today

magso Tue 15-Jan-13 10:00:09

There is another thread Chablis about Boden sales items including the mac which most people seem pleased with for the price. Sorry can't help myself - I only got a dress but as it is perhaps a little long Boden are sending a shorter one post free. I was wondering about the gilet though as it looks warm.

Tweet2tweet Tue 15-Jan-13 10:09:32

I bought the mac (olive) in a size 12. I'm normally a size 10 but wanted it to be roomy for a jumper and I'm in 3rd trimester! Fits well and think will still be good post bump!

snailsontour Tue 15-Jan-13 10:57:59

I'm a 10/12 and sized down to the 10 in the rainy day mac, and thought it was still quite roomy. If I'd liked the colour more (olive) then I'd have considered going down to an 8. I'd say light layers are the answer as it is well lined so unless you are a 'feel the cold' person you wouldn't need thick jumpers underneath.

ChablisLover Tue 15-Jan-13 12:36:22

i do tend to be a feel the cold person but was thinking of thermal vest and cashmere layers would be warm yet thin enough

Only problem - have yet to see what it looks like - only tried it on in my mums house and they don't have a full length mirror! So only have her opinion.

I think the jumper was very thick as even my merrell haven felt tight and its a L!

Anyone any opinions on the snuggly gilet?

ChablisLover Tue 15-Jan-13 17:42:37

Bumping for the evening s&b ladies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now