Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Asos - Are the branded clothes genuine?!

(9 Posts)
keiralou Mon 14-Jan-13 20:42:26

Hi, I know this must make me sound really out of touch but I've never shopped at Asos before and don't know much about it. I've seen a Coast dress on there which is £45 cheaper than on Coast. Is the branded stuff genuine?
Thanks! X

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 14-Jan-13 20:52:17

Yes - its just like John Lewis

CajaDeLaMemoria Mon 14-Jan-13 20:55:46

Yep, Asos is genuine. Tends to have good sales, too!

I presume you are on the actual Asos site, rather than the marketplace? It's worth checking because the marketplace is sold by private sellers like ebay, although better vetted.

keiralou Mon 14-Jan-13 21:00:40

ThanksMrsCampbell and Caja. Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm on the actual site. So, as its genuine, am I correct in thinking it would have all tags intact etc? X

ToastedTeacakes Mon 14-Jan-13 21:11:50

It would have the tags, yes. I've purchased many branded items via asos, and they often reduce prices before the actual brands own sites do.
It's the same as if you but JCrew from Netaporter, the item would still arrive with the JCrew tags but in a netaporter box.

ToastedTeacakes Mon 14-Jan-13 21:12:19

buy JCrew.

FrancesFarmer Mon 14-Jan-13 21:13:15

Yes. Their branded items are good - I wouldn't touch their own-name brands with a 20 foot pole though. Pure fast fashion!

keiralou Mon 14-Jan-13 21:23:36

thanks all for your help... finally are there any voucher codes going for ASos??! X

fridgepants Tue 15-Jan-13 23:54:49

There;s one for sale goods - think it's PERFECT10 or EXTRATEN, it should come up on the home page - which will work if you add a sale item to your bag (they have a ton of nail polishes and such).

Their own-brand bags are fine in my experience but the clothing...not so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now