Talk

Advanced search

Eeek, getting my colours done soon with HoC! Which season has the nicest colours?

(14 Posts)
CastingNasturtiums Mon 14-Jan-13 16:00:37

Not that I can choose my season, but have no idea which one I'll be and there's not much info online about what colours/types of colours fall into what season...

Bella88 Mon 14-Jan-13 16:01:47

I like spring best, then autumn.

Good luck!

CastingNasturtiums Mon 14-Jan-13 16:04:28

Spring sounds nice..I imagine autumn has gorgeous rich earthy tones, deep golds etc. Don't think I'll be that. I love pale, muted colours - grownup pastels basically. I guess they would come under spring or summer. Thanks Bella smile

shelley72 Mon 14-Jan-13 16:04:53

i have always been drawn to winter colours and like autumn the least. lucky i turned out to be a winter then!

CastingNasturtiums Mon 14-Jan-13 16:25:49

What are the winter colours like shelley? I am guessing white is in there smile

ReturnToPlanetVenus Mon 14-Jan-13 16:40:40

I am an autumn but mainly wore autumn colours anyway before I got my colours done. The lady who did mine says that she often finds that people are wearing generally the right colours anyway, because you are drawn to colours that suit you. For me, the process just showed me which other colours I could wear (e.g. some reds, which I had never worn but now do): there aren't really any colours I like (on me) which I was advised not to wear. You may well find out that you turn out to be the season which best reflects the colours you like anyway.

Hopefully Mon 14-Jan-13 16:40:48

They are ALL amazing! Seriously, when you get a palette that all harmonises and tones, every colour in it really sits and looks its best. What makes a colour not look good is surrounding it with ones that it doesn't match, and having a colour analysis eliminates that.

Yika Mon 14-Jan-13 16:46:37

Each palette has such a variety you're bound to like some of your colours more than others. Of two friends who are autumn, one wears the zingy oranges and turquoises while the other is more in the mossy, earthy range. I actually like winter best with the icy pastels and high voltage brights, though I'm a summer."

Whoknowswhocares Mon 14-Jan-13 16:46:56

Ohhhh, I really want to have this done! Is it in House of Fraser? I'd be tempted to book that and maybe a personal shopping thingy to go with it if they still do it.

I think colours look so different on every individual, it's impossible to say. I love bright colours but always manage to look like I clash with them.....on others they look fab. In short, I guess my favourite colours are ones I don't look crap in......I might just need some help working out which ones they are!

CastingNasturtiums Mon 14-Jan-13 16:58:24

Hi Whoknows I don't know if they do it in House of Fraser but I'm going to a woman who has her own studio in her garden. I think that's how it usually works?

Hopefully yay, I won't worry too much which season I turn out to be then! So many people I know who've had it done are Autumns - I wonder if that's the most common one?

spudmurphy Mon 14-Jan-13 17:13:58

Am a spring. Love the colours, also love Summer colours. Was so glad i was not autumn as i don't like earthy shades. I like the jewel winter colours but they don't suit me. Enjoy the experience

shelley72 Mon 14-Jan-13 17:19:20

Yes, white is there! And navy, charcoal grey, jewel colours like cobalt, emerald, scarlet red. Pine green, damson, deep berry red. Also some ice colours which actually looked terrible on me, but could be used for accessories. I had it done a year ago, was sceptical but it has made shopping easier. I wear everything I buy now!

imtheonlyone Mon 14-Jan-13 17:21:25

Another autumn here!! Have always been drawn to those colours too and heavily features green which had always been my fav grin! It is amazing once you see the difference in a colour that suits you and one that doesn't - I was blown away!! Enjoy your day and make the most of it! She will have loads of tips on what to wear and what colours to put together too!

TravelinColour Mon 14-Jan-13 20:18:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now