Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

what do you think of theses boots?

(8 Posts)
Pompbear Fri 11-Jan-13 18:44:53

http://m.hobbs.co.uk/product-detail?productid=0212-U90C-007H020&productvarid=0212-U90C-007H020-BLACK-38_5

I'm not sure if the toe is a bit naff? Bought on impulse as in the sale and amazingly fitted my mahoosive calf's. I wanted a classic smart pair of boots for work.

I have a few chunky types but really wanted a smart, flat pair. V expensive for me so want to get it right. Although tbh didn't think anything like this would ever fit me! So I could be this or now. Duo never fit. I drove 5 hours to get to the store, tried every pair in the shop and came away empty handed. Being short doesn't help and my legs are a bit odd!

Tia

Karbea Fri 11-Jan-13 18:49:23

They are exactly what you want a classic smart pair of boots, nothing to,love nothing to hate. If they fit and are comfy and fill a hole in your wardrobe keep them.

Pompbear Fri 11-Jan-13 18:51:31

m.hobbs.co.uk/product-detail?productid=0212-U90C-007H020&productvarid=0212-U90C-007H020-BLACK-38_5

Proper link!

Pompbear Fri 11-Jan-13 18:53:22

Thanks! I've never shopped in Hobbs before, I think I (perhaps incorrectly) think of it as a bit.... old fashioned? Which is probably what's making me unsure....

I'll try them on again!

Karbea Fri 11-Jan-13 19:00:18

I don't think they're old fashioned, but it's definitely grown up fashion.

JellicleCat Fri 11-Jan-13 19:04:08

I have some a bit like that in brown (though not Hobbs). Mine are very comfortable.

I have odd feet so comfortable shoes/boots are hard to find. I'd keep them if they are comfy and you have trouble getting things to fit.

Pompbear Fri 11-Jan-13 19:05:22

OK I will view them as my grown up boots! I felt a bit dorky and out of place in the shop but probably cos I mostly shop online these days.

I think grown up style is what I'm looking for really... but its all a bit new. I want to be a bit more polished. Those boots are 'polished' aren't they? Hmmmm.

Karbea Fri 11-Jan-13 19:06:12

Yes they are. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: