Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Calling all colour experts!

(7 Posts)
shopafrolic Fri 11-Jan-13 09:08:34

I had my colours done last year and was diagnosed as a warm deep autumn - so lots of browns, tomato reds, green, petrol blue etc.
shopping for autumn and winter clothes has been easy but I am unsure how to translate these colours into spring and summer.
I bought this blouse for AW
pinterest.com/pin/122230577357594319/
And have just picked this one up for SS
pinterest.com/pin/122230577358507803/
Am I heading along the right lines? Interested to hear what other Autumns wear in Spring/Summer? Whilst my colours seem perfect in cold weather I'm not sure when it gets warmer and the layers peel off!

NickECave Fri 11-Jan-13 14:13:17

I had mine done recently and am warm and soft (which I think is same as Autumn). I'm very fond of soft, mossy greens and find there is generally lots of stuff in this colour in the shops in spring. Also keen of navy as a neutral since black does nothing for me and there is tonnes of navy around for spring.

shopafrolic Fri 11-Jan-13 17:41:36

I think that's my problem Nick because I'm warm deep I'm not sure about the softer colours. They said I should wear marine navy as a neutral so I'll take a look at that as an option. I saw lots of lovely coral and watermelon tops and dresses but I think they are cooler colours?

shopafrolic Sat 12-Jan-13 12:11:41

Bump....

TravelinColour Sat 12-Jan-13 12:40:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shopafrolic Sat 12-Jan-13 13:09:28

Thanks TravelInColour that looks like a really useful website. Am on my mobile at the moment so will have a look when I get home. I'd hoped I could get away with the second blouse because it was vaguely peacock based but perhaps not.Good news about coral then! I'm still a little scared of lime......

TravelinColour Sat 12-Jan-13 13:43:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: