Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I hate dress shopping...

(8 Posts)
LollipopViolet Wed 09-Jan-13 19:18:18

Right, two friends are getting married in March. I need to get a dress for the wedding and reception, and I need to do it on the cheap - £50 max I think.

Their colour scheme is cream/mint green/sage green. I'm quite pale skinned, and a size 16 (hoping to get to a 14 by March though)

Can anyone help me, please? I am so bad at this it's unreal.

TheOneWithTheHair Wed 09-Jan-13 20:58:33

This

Or love this one

Or this

LollipopViolet Wed 09-Jan-13 22:17:47

Ooooh, I like the Zara one smile Annoyingly, I can't find the 3 dresses I tried in Debenhams today on their website.

They were lovely, unfortunately more lovely on the hangers than on me.

I am willing to consider other colours, as long as they don't clash with green, or look too bridal/bridesmaild-y

I'm really not good at this, am I?

steph124 Thu 10-Jan-13 10:54:38

I love Fever dresses. They're amazing for special occasions and tend to be really flattering! You should be able to get one for under £50 in the sale. How about one of these;

www.kikisboutique.com/item/Fever-Clothing/Madison-Drape-Dress/DCV

www.kikisboutique.com/item/Fever-Clothing/Boston-Bow-Dress/DC4

www.kikisboutique.com/item/Fever-Clothing/Madison-Peplum-Dress/DD4

www.kikisboutique.com/item/Fever-Clothing/Anaconda-Wrap-Dress/CRI

AgathaF Thu 10-Jan-13 11:46:08

The Coast Zadie dress is beautiful.

LollipopViolet Thu 10-Jan-13 20:15:42

Me and another friend were looking online today - she was helping me, and we both quite like this one

Something a bit different colour-wise purple this time

Another Quiz one: here

And something similar pink

All would need a cardi or something but I like all of them, and they're in shops I can easily get to smile

TheOneWithTheHair Thu 10-Jan-13 22:43:47

I like the purple and the second Quiz one.

AgathaF Fri 11-Jan-13 07:29:50

I like the Debenhams purple dress. Not so keen on the Quiz ones - I think they look a bit tacky, and maybe a bit pale for a wedding guest (couldn't see the second Quiz one though).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: