Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got a Mia Tui Amelie Bags?

(3 Posts)
Leavehim Tue 08-Jan-13 18:45:54

The website says that if you are 5ft5 or under you should order the 'minnie' version. It is only 5cm difference so i'm wondering if any other short people (i'm 5ft3) have one and if so is it too big!

I was planning on ordering one to use as hand luggage for flying long haul with 2 under 4year olds.

Leavehim Tue 08-Jan-13 22:17:28

Anyone?

DonaAna Wed 09-Jan-13 06:16:17

No experience with that bag type but I'd follow the seller recommendation. I used to fly long haul (S America / Europe, S America / N America) frequently with one or two very small children. The bag looks a bit small. I'd recommend a lightweight backpack (leaves you hands free - I kept my personal stuff there) or a large, open-top heavy duty plastic bag or something similar (I used a large Carrefour bag - one of those they sell for hauling groceries to car). The thing is, you will need toys, clothes, books, stickers, nappies, food, milk/juice and need an easy access to everything, also in the dark. Plus a change of clothes for yourself. Forget style - I've been covered in pee, puke, tomato stains and cookie crumbs.

Inside the big bag, I packed feeding kits in ziplock bags (bib, spoon, food, napkins) and a separate small bag that had a few nappies, wipes and clean clothes - one of those could be quickly pulled out without rummaging when needed.

I also took along a pillow if one of the children had to sleep in my lap (airline pillows too small - they helped me sleep better too).

Most useful things to take along: individually packed small milk or juice cartons with straws, cookies, sticker books, iPad, and clean t shirt for yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now