Talk

Advanced search

Silicone free hair oil??

(8 Posts)
PartTimeModel Tue 08-Jan-13 09:12:29

Does it exist? I need some for DDs very curly dry hair. The Moroccan stuff has silicone etc in it which is a no go for curls.

Any recommendations S&B queens?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 08-Jan-13 09:16:25

Just buy 100% argan oil like this

www.biggreensmile.com/products/melvita-argan-oil/melargan.aspx?productid=melargan

Is expensive but lasts ages...

Lottapianos Tue 08-Jan-13 09:16:33

I use coconut oil or olive oil on soaking wet hair after washing, only from mid-lengths down to ends. Then I use a leave-in conditioner and a gel on top.

Plopsicle Tue 08-Jan-13 09:51:11

This one is lovely www.amazon.co.uk/Matrix-Biolage-Delicate-Organic-Certified/dp/B002MUZFQU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357638655&sr=8-2

PartTimeModel Tue 08-Jan-13 10:10:51

Thank you smile I will check them out.

Lotta do you find applying the coconut/olive oil to wet hair helps with brushing out dreadlocks knots/tangles?

strumpetpumpkin Tue 08-Jan-13 10:11:49

extra virgin coconut oil. Its wonderful for pretty much everything

Lottapianos Tue 08-Jan-13 12:15:22

To be honest, I do still get tangles around the nape of my neck, even with the oil. I do have horrendously dry hair though. Maybe I need to use more oil? At least it's a natural product and good if you want to cut down on chemicals

Lottapianos Tue 08-Jan-13 12:16:17

Did you mean brushing the tangles out when hair is wet? Sorry, having a dozy day. I never brush or comb my hair - I find the best thing for detangling is absolutely gallons of cheapo conditioner smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now