Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed - important work meeting

(5 Posts)
PeppermintCream Sun 06-Jan-13 10:53:27

I would welcome you advice. I have a very important meeting coming up at work, where some of the most senior people will be attending.

All of the senior staff are men in suits aged late 40s early 50s.

My usual style at work is dress, cardigan boots, but I'm a bit worried that it might look a little bit informal. Shall I stick with my usual look or up my game a little? I do have a trouser suit or could wear the dress with a jacket - what do you think?

purplewithred Sun 06-Jan-13 11:00:52

Up your game a bit to reflect how they dress. Makes you look more serious and One Of Them. I've just spent half a year working with people quite a bit younger than me; I'm afraid i really had to work hard to take them seriously at first when they came to work dressed like my teenagers. Sigh. I am getting old.

PeppermintCream Sun 06-Jan-13 11:05:30

Thanks. What do you suggest my usual dresses with a jacket or trouser suit?

polyhymnia Sun 06-Jan-13 11:12:31

Dress with jacket and nice shoes. And nice bag but I guess you have that in hand. Nails a nude/natural colour.

PeppermintCream Sun 06-Jan-13 11:51:28

Thanks. Always have neutral nails etc at work, I'm not that quirky winkwill polish shoes and try an assortment or necklaces and scarves to identify which looks best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now