Talk

Advanced search

damsel in a dress - 'arielle' dress

(9 Posts)
shelley72 Sat 05-Jan-13 19:32:01

just need some opinions really - what do you think of this arielle dress? my brother got engaged at christmas and is planning a summer wedding (but for next yr). i came across this on the web and i like the look of it i think, and that grey is one of my 'colours' i would feel happy in (and could probably accessorise with something brighter?).

now. is it too winter-like for a summer wedding, just how tall and stick thin would you have to be to wear it? i am usually a sz 10, 5'7 but with wide shoulder/hip but smaller middle. however i am pg now (wont be by next summer obviously) but worried in case i get my usual size now and never get back to it, which is entirely possible as third pg! its a bit risky isnt it. but im worried that if i dont at least try it i will always want THAT dress! also is their sizing on the small size does anyone know?
thank you!

Lizzylou Sat 05-Jan-13 19:38:17

LOVE the dress, don't think it is a summer wedding type dress though, sorry. Maybe if it was above knee/knee length?

IME DIAD sizes are pretty true, normally v flattering.

Sorry, not what you want to hear!

happyhorse Sat 05-Jan-13 19:39:22

Erm, I think it would be a bit of a strange choice for a wedding, especially a summer one. It's more posh evening party IMO.

BunnyLebowski Sat 05-Jan-13 19:40:59

Imo it's far too OTT and red carpet for a wedding.

The colour and texture are all wrong for a summer wedding.

And it's even not very nice.

Sorry OP.

annh Sat 05-Jan-13 19:47:26

Sorry but everything about that dress is wrong for a summer wedding. You will look like Morticia Adams if she went out in the sun.

shelley72 Sat 05-Jan-13 19:55:40

ok thats me told then! will be back in the summer sales for more advice on what to wear smile

notMarlene Sat 05-Jan-13 19:59:22

So, in summer 2014? How far post-partum will you be then? TBH I'd wait until after the baby is born before buying.

shelley72 Sat 05-Jan-13 20:02:00

Yes I will, I just want a bargain I think! baby will be a year old by then, but who knows how big I will be shock

notMarlene Sat 05-Jan-13 20:11:36

Why not just treat yourself to a fab maternity dress for now? This is rather nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now