Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Alternative to ES double wear?

(7 Posts)
Prolificmincepiebreeder Fri 04-Jan-13 10:29:42

I just can't stretch to it at the moment is there anything out there that is as good?
Thank you smile

DonaAna Fri 04-Jan-13 10:33:21

Revlon Colorstay is a great dupe/ budget alternative. Similar texture and coverage, fabulous stuff if you like matte finish and full coverage.

miche8 Fri 04-Jan-13 10:34:57

I read a lot of beauty blogs and the revlon colour stay is always mentioned as an alternative, I've never tried it though.

DonaAna Fri 04-Jan-13 10:41:15

Have to add that I've used CS for about 20 years - it's the rare foundation that has good pink-based pale shades and doesn't break me out. Can be drying, so moisturize well.

Prolificmincepiebreeder Fri 04-Jan-13 11:13:17

I'll have a look for that. I think I'm slightly yellow in tones.
I don't know if I need a bit of dewy-ness these days. Bit concerned the Matt finish is ageing me!

DonaAna Fri 04-Jan-13 13:04:28

CS is a good alternative if you want the same properties than DW. What helps a bit is either mixing CS with an illuminating base, or using highlighter / Les Meteorites to finish.

It would be lovely to have a dewy finish foundation with all the same great properties than good old CS - transfer resistance, long wearing time, oil-free / acne-friendly composition, and cheap price, but I haven't found any yet. Chanel Lift Lumiere is close (too yellow on me though and can get too shiny though, transfers to clothes unless you are careful, and does not stay on as long). But it's very expensive and my shade is hard to find, so I'm looking for an alternative.

Diorskin Nude and Forever are great too, but contain something that sensitized me after a month of use. Has anyone tried the Bourjois more heavy coverage foundations?

babySophieRose Fri 04-Jan-13 13:42:51

Got Max Factor facefinity 3 in 1, primer, concealer and foundation in one for the same reason, ( big fan of EL doublewear), and so far, so good, very similar. And currently 3 pounds cheaper in Boots.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: